Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness USA, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, October 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, October 10, 2009

• Reported By: Alex — Malibu California U.S.A.
24 Hour Fitness USA, Inc.
PO Box 31001-1293 Pasadena, California United States of America

24 Hour Fitness USA, Inc. Cancellation Impossible Pasadena, California

I have been trying to cancel my membership with 24 hour fitness since last May 1st.

I've been on hold for 90 minutes, only to be hung up on.  I've called repeatedly trying to get through.   Finally, I got through, and was told it was cancelled, and I owe nothing.  Yet the bills keep coming, and when I call back, they say I'm not cancelled.  I've repeated this now at least twice.

I've even written a letter to the address on the bills saying I've cancelled.

They now claim I owe $250.  I had been with them happily for 15 years, but now can't seem to get out.

Nothing is working.

I've finally hit the last straw when calling them at their 1-800# today during the hours they say they're open to hear a voice say "we're currently closed" and then hang up.

Do not under any circumstances sign up for 24 hour fitness - it appears to be a lifetime commitment, and they make it IMPOSSIBLE to cancel.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2009 12:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness-USA-Inc/Pasadena-California-91110/24-Hour-Fitness-USA-Inc-Cancellation-Impossible-Pasadena-California-507304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness USA, Inc.