Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness

• Submitted: Sun, May 18, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, May 18, 2008

• Reported By:Aiea Hawaii
24 Hour Fitness
98-199 Kamehameha Hwy Aiea, Hawaii U.S.A.

24 Hour Fitness extorts money from you months after you cancel membership Aiea Hawaii

When I signed up for a membership with the company, I did not forsee that I would have to move to the mainland and cancel my membership, but that is what happened two months later. As soon as I found out I was leaving, I went in and cancelled my membership, which was on April 9th. I knew I had already paid for my last month of membership in advance, and had come to terms with the fact that I would not get the month of service I had paid in advance for. What the company did not make clear when I joined however, was that one month after cancelling my membership, they would charge my credit card for another month of service. This happened on May 6th. So essentially, I had to pay for two months of membership after I had cancelled my membership. These misleading and deceptive business practices are a sure way for 24 Hour Fitness to extort as much money from their customers as possible and should be made public.

shawn
Aiea, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2008 01:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness/Aiea-Hawaii-96701/24-Hour-Fitness-extorts-money-from-you-months-after-you-cancel-membership-Aiea-Hawaii-333291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness