Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness

• Updated: Mon, March 19, 2012

• Reported By: Rippedoffby24hr — Honolulu Hawaii United States of America
24 Hour Fitness
Carlsbad, California United States of America

24 Hour Fitness 24 Hour Illegally charged for over 4 months by 24 fitness, due to signing up for their "Account on Hold" -illegally reactivated, without notifying!! Carlsbad, California

*UPDATE Employee: 24 Hour Fitness Concern

In June 2011 I called the 24 hour membership 800 number to cancel my account, stopped being charged, and use my prepaid last month.   While on the phone, the 24 hour rep, talked me into putting my membership on hold, so that I would always maintain the same low cost whenever I decided to reinstate.  Never at anytime did he mention it would be reactivated without my knowledge or on a certain date.  I was then charged $7 every month to maintain this deal for when I choose to reinstate my membership.  While going through and reviewing my bank statement I saw a charge for them for $52 this month, in scrolling back to February 2012 I realized I was also charged this amount.  I tried calling the 800 number, but of course on the weekend they are closed.  So I called the 24 Hour fitness that I has used the previous year, and talked to membership.  Come to find out I had been charged starting in December, this was on top of the prepaid month I still had on file.  Making a withdrawl of $250 + from my bank account, of a membership I had not realized nor been notified was reactivated.  No one from 24 hr fitness at any time tried to call me to make me aware of the fact I was being charged.  I believe this to be a true scam from 24 fitness, the membership manager said that it noted I was told that I would be charged starting Dec 15th, this is completely untrue, I specifically remember the guy letting me know even a year from putting my account on hold I could get the same price.

100% SCAM, and I am hoping others report if the same has happened to them.  Or this might open the eyes to those believing they are only being charged on hold fees, and not double checking their monthly charges.  The membership manager has said he will do what ever he can from his side (local 24 hr) for me to be refunded and I hope that to be true.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2012 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness/Carlsbad-California-92018/24-Hour-Fitness-24-Hour-Illegally-charged-for-over-4-months-by-24-fitness-due-to-signin-855420. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness Concern

AUTHOR: Andrea- 24 Hour Fitness - (United States of America)

Hello! We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience and would love the opportunity to assist further. If you could email us your Member #, name & best contact # we can reach out to you ASAP.

socialmedia@24hourfit.com

OR feel free to message me via RipOff Report.

-Andrea M.