Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness

• Updated: Sun, August 11, 2013

• Reported By: Priscilla — Dublin California
24 Hour Fitness
Carlsbad, California USA

24 Hour Fitness 9 year member of 24 hour fitness All Club membership; denied access to San Ramon and Pleasanton clubs Carlsbad California

*Author of original report: update

*UPDATE Employee: 24 Hour Fitness Concern

I started as a member of 24 Fitness 9 years ago and paid for the initiation fee (around $400) plus the monthly membership fee of aboug $50-60 per month. I got the highest possible membership because i wanted to be able to have access to all the clubs if I was traveling or if I moved. Then about 2-3 years later, they had a deal where if you paid $2400 once, you only pay $24 a year for the same membership. So I took them up on that offer. Then I started working out in San Ramon area and now live in Dublin/Pleasanton. The two clubs closest to me are the big, really nice ones, called Ultra or Super or something. I went once or twice and then once when I went in they told me that I didnt' have access to those clubs. I just sort of gave up, then I called in a year or so ago when I had to pay my membership fee. I was connected to a call center and they said that I had to pay $60 a month if I wanted to upgrade to be able to go to those gyms near my house. They also gave me only a few days for that offer before it expired. I now work for a fitness company where many employees were with 24 Hour Fitness corporate sales and have asked around about this to see if they knew of someone who could help me. To no avail. So I searched the topic and now see that there are many people in the same situation as I am in. It does seem awful that I paid so much upfront twice and now it's pretty much a worthless membership. We also have a Club One nearby...I am tempted to just join them and turn my back on 24 Hour. I knew it would come to that one day  - they seem particularly slimy as a corporation.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2013 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness/Carlsbad-California-92018/24-Hour-Fitness-9-year-member-of-24-hour-fitness-All-Club-membership-denied-access-to-S-1074901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness

update

AUTHOR: pab205 - ()

Hi - my membership # is EZ51380

I called membership services and just found out that they had cancelled my membership when I called to renew because I didn't want to pay the $60/mo to have access to that gym. Now they are saying there is a rewrite fee of $160 to my membership.I had called in to renew it - don't understand why they cancelled my membership completely.

They have also said that they can add San Ramon Supersport but not Pleasanton which is closest to my home. My company, TRX, for which I am a product designer, does a lot of business with 24 Hour Fitness. I would hope you all could help me be able to use my membership at these gyms close to my home.

Please contact me on this issue.

24 Hour Fitness Concern

AUTHOR: Andrea- 24 Hour Fitness - ()

We are very sorry to hear about your poor experience. We would love the chance to assist you further but unfortunately this site does not allow us to leave an email address. If you could, please contact our Member Services team at 800.432.6348. OR if you could respond back to this post with your Membership #, we can look up your account and have someone contact you directly.

In Health & Fitness,

Andrea M., 24 Hour Fitness Corp.