Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness

• Submitted: Sun, April 24, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, December 01, 2011

• Reported By:Greenwood village Colorado
24 Hour Fitness
8351 E. Belleview Ave. Englewood, Colorado U.S.A.

24 Hour Fitness Ripoff Sexual Harrassment of Local Gay visitors Englewood Colorado

*Consumer Comment: I had the opposite experience

*Consumer Comment: Go for it!!! Don't let the world treat you like this!!!

*UPDATE Employee: His name is Stephen Hill... always just shy of openly rude.

*Consumer Suggestion: 24 ok

*Consumer Suggestion: File A Lawsuit

On Saturday, April 23 at the 24 hour fitness on Belleview Avenue in the Denver Tech Center, the manger Steven (He refused to give his last name) mocked and attempted to publically denegrate my partner and I when we went to the club to exercise our 10-day free trial. He flatly stated that he would not allow me and my partner to use the club on a trial basis, and that the deal he had on memberships was too good to pass up, "only good for today." He stated that he would have to be a little harsh with us, because the deal was too good.

Clearly he thought he could treat us as children, perhaps my effeminate manner upset him, and made him think he could bully us. When we insisted on using our free passes, he stood aggressively and said "get out of here you little faggot." He was about 1/2 from my face, spitting on me. I have no less than five witnesses to this threat) The office area is probably video-taped as well. I am considering a legal action, and am well-funded. (despite the fact that I was using a "free pass.") Why do they offer it, if they don't honor it? Shame on 24 hour fitness.

Bill
Greenwood village, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2005 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness/Englewood-Colorado-80237/24-Hour-Fitness-Ripoff-Sexual-Harrassment-of-Local-Gay-visitors-Englewood-Colorado-140116. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness

I had the opposite experience

AUTHOR: VS - (United States of America)

Only last week, my brother, who had been a member of 24-hour fitness for four years, wore a shirt stating that he did not support the act of homosexuality. The next day, he received a phone call from the fitness center stated that he had been expelled from their and now he has to attend another fitness. So much for the tolerant 24-hour fitness.

Go for it!!! Don't let the world treat you like this!!!

AUTHOR: Katherine - (U.S.A.)

You are so better thatn that! Don't let the world treat you like this!!! I am a straight mother of one but have an opinion none the less! Don't let MR. Hill here treat you like you are any different from me because your not, well unless your a male then there are a few differences! Lisren to what that first guy said file a suit you deserve better that that! And going to a different location will probably not fix anything considering discrimination is only one problem! I never thought that I would be reading the things I was today, I thought I was the only one that had fallen victim to the today only deal only to find that there was a deal better by like 300% 2 weeks after I enrolled!!! So now my account is frozen for $7 a month until I reactivate it which I won't be doing as a matter of fact I will be cancelling it on Monday!!!! Thank you all you wonderful consumers out there!!

His name is Stephen Hill... always just shy of openly rude.

AUTHOR: Ragnar - (U.S.A.)

I am a relatively new employee at this particular 24hr. fitness. It doesn't surprise me that you were mistreated by Stephen. It is common behavior for him. His aggressiveness is rewarded for being top salesperson here. Stephen is always just shy of openly rude. He has gotten quite brazen lately. Do us all a favor and proceed legally. Also, please copy corporate. Perhaps they will either control him, or better, replace him!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

24 ok

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

Hi, I have been a member of 24 hr fitness for many years. I have had no problems with them. As with discrimination against gays, My gym's sauna is a big gay hangout. Bad day with a bad sales rep. Maybe he takes steroids and was having roid rage. Go to another gym just as I do not go into the sauna.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

File A Lawsuit

AUTHOR: Roger - (U.S.A.)

First off Bill, this Steven does have a last name, which you will soon discover when you file a police report for aggravated assault. Your partner was a witness to this, and since this happened on Saturday this is recent enough for local law enforcement to comply with your request to file said report. Remember, assault is the "attempt" to commit bodily harm to another; and since he was in your face, threateningly and with extreme prejudice prior to him expectorating on you, that is certainly ground for an arrest. It also puts him on record, which will be your gift to him for publicly humiliating both you and your partner.

If you do sue 24 Hour Fitness, which I personally, unequivocally, adamantly encourage you to do, get yourself a good civil rights attorney and blow these discriminators out of the water. In the United States we have something called "equal protection," so regardless if you're black, white, gay or disabled, you are an American citizen who pays taxes, is entitled to a vote, and is protected by those same laws that apply to anyone else on the street. Moreover, it is here where that police report will come in handy, because if you don't have it 24 Hour Fitness Corporation will deny that this ever happened, despite your witnesses. Rest assured, they'll bring in 20 employees, and maybe even some of their top-notch, Hitler-hailing executives to vouch for this Nazi, claiming what a great guy he is, that he's a dedicated worker, gives money to children's charities and so forth. So file that report. Today. Because you'll need it.

Take it from somebody who knows. The people running 24 Hour Fitness are sociopaths who never admit when they're wrong, are pathological liars in the face of the media, and have virtually no regard for the civil rights of those they victimize. Case in point: if you sign their membership agreement, on the back page in micro-writing there is an arbitration provision that denies your Seventh Amendment rights to a court trial in the event of a lawsuit, even if you have all the evidence in the world and they're guilty as sin. There will be no jury and there will be no judge; just an arbitrator. And then you can't take it to the press, because that's also in their contract. But since you're not a member they can't hold you to any of that, so fire away, because the law is on your side.