Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness

• Submitted: Sun, March 25, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 30, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous-Houston, TX — The Woodlands Texas United States of America
24 Hour Fitness
1800 Lake Woodlands Drive Lake Woodlands, Texas United States of America

24 Hour Fitness started fraudently charging me $32/month in Feb 2012 due to illegally reactivating membership put "on hold" in Aug 2011. Did NOT authorize release of hold!! Lake Woodlands, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: 24 Hour Fitness concern

On May 16, 2011, I signed up my college-age son for a monthly gym membership at the 24 Hour Fitness in The Woodlands, TX.  I paid $69.11 on that day, which I believe covered first and last month, and then paid $32.46 on June 20th and July 20th.

Since he would be returning to school in August 2011, the 24 Hour representative recommended that I put my son's membership "on hold" at that time and could then take it off hold the following May.  I was told that this was something they offered to gym members that had a child in college.  He stated that this way I wouldn't have to incur additional fees by cancelling his membership that August and then having to rejoin in May.

Now I find I'm being charged $32.46/month again, beginning last month (February 2012) and again this month.  I did not authorize these charges to begin again, as I will not be releasing the membership hold until May 2012.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2012 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness/Lake-Woodlands-Texas-77381/24-Hour-Fitness-started-fraudently-charging-me-32month-in-Feb-2012-due-to-illegally-rea-859183. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness

24 Hour Fitness concern

AUTHOR: Andrea- 24 Hour Fitness - (United States of America)

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are sincerely sorry to hear about your negative experience and would love the opportunity to assist further. If you could email your sons membership number to socialmedia@24hourfit.com we can help from there. We look forward to speaking with you.

-Andrea M. 24 Hour Fitness Corporate