Complaint Review: 24 Hour Fitness

• Updated: Sat, August 16, 2014

• Reported By: Carlene — Littlerock California
24 Hour Fitness
1220 W Avenue K Lancaster, California USA

24 Hour Fitness Bait and switch...they call it a family member "add on to your membership", but call it a "separate membership" and keep charging your card without any notification after you cancel your membership. Lancaster California

24 Hour Fitness does not treat their members with respect when they wish to cancel a membership and it is not beneath them to deliberately rip people off. My mother was allowed to add me to her membership for a monthly fee. 24 Hour Fitness calls it an "add-on to a membership", never a seperate membership...until you cancel your membership.

Without notifying my mother...without giving her the slightest clue, they turned the "add on" into a seperate membership, knowing that their members assume that the add-on will, of course, be cancelled when the membership that it is attached to is cancelled. Without her authorization, they continued charging my mother's account for a "membership" we didn't even know existed. I had another gym membership that I was paying for somewhere else!

They continued charging my mother for a long time for the "seperate membership" for me until we discovered it. When she tried to resolve the issue, they refused to allow her to cancel the membership. They said that I had to....even though they were charging her account.

They refused to awknowledge that doing business this way is deceptive and behaved as though it was simply my mother's fault for not paying attention to her bank statements. I cancelled the unauthorized membership, but they refused to refund my mother's money.

If this is what 24 Hour Fitness resorts to when a member decides to cancel thier account, we don't need them. There are many other fitness centers in the world.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2014 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Hour-Fitness/Lancaster-California-93534/24-Hour-Fitness-Bait-and-switchthey-call-it-a-family-member-add-on-to-your-membership-1170158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Hour Fitness