Complaint Review: 24 Protect Plus (Intelius)

• Submitted: Sat, September 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 27, 2008

• Reported By:Benton Harbor Michigan
24 Protect Plus (Intelius)
Po Box 24866 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

24 Protect Plus (Intelius) Fraudulent charges on card Omaha Nebraska

*Author of original report: Making headway

Back in January 2008 I had done a search to locate a family member. I used a search program through Intelius.com. Starting in February, 24 Protect Plus started charging $ 19.95 a month to our account. We didn't notice these charges at first because we didn't go over our statement with a fine tooth comb. By the time we realized what was going on I was livid. My bank told us that they can only work with the last 60 days so we are out of luck on anything except July/August. I immediately started looking online and found out how many others are having the exact same problem that we are!!!

I found a contact number for 24 protect plus (800-211-9749) and called them. They were unable to tell me what type of service they provide. They told me that they were unable to provide me PROOF that I gave them authorization foro the charges, and told me they could only cancel the account and refund the current month. I spoke to the manager who gave me the same BS. I told them this was FRAUD and that I would see to it that they were punished. All they could tell me was that was something I signed up for through Intelius.com . Since that time, i have filed a report with the Better Business Bureau in Nebraska, (that's where they are "located") I have filed an IC3 report with the FBI's internet crime fraud department, and I am still searching. This company has cost us over $300 and I will not sleep until I get every penny back. Even if I have to take them to court.

I did receive an email from 24ProtectPlus today stating they were refunding July and August. We will see about that. They still have quite a bit to go.

Bethany
Benton Harbor, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2008 02:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-Protect-Plus-Intelius/Omaha-Nebraska-68124/24-Protect-Plus-Intelius-Fraudulent-charges-on-card-Omaha-Nebraska-370429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 Protect Plus (Intelius)

Making headway

AUTHOR: Bethany - (U.S.A.)

So far- I have received ALL th unauthorized charges back. BUT I am still waiting for them to cover the fees I have incurred because of their charges.