Complaint Review: 24 hour fitness

• Updated: Fri, June 27, 2014

• Reported By: msaldama — Anaheim California
24 hour fitness
orange, California USA

24 hour fitness 24 Hour Fitness changed contract without notifying me. Orange California

I purchased a membership in 2000 for $800 that states that I am able to acess all their 24 hour facilities accept for the ultra sport, So I agreed and paid them upront.  Now I come to relized that I cannot use their super sport facilities, which is popping up everywhere,  unless I want to upgrade my membership and pay them more money. So I was forced into upgrading my membership and adding my husband as an additional member in 2011, becuase the super sport location was closer to my home. I was told I could add my husband for a one sport super sport for $19.99 a month and mine would be an all sport for $19.99 a month. Everything was fine until 24 hour fitness decided to raise the rate on my husbands membership to $20.59 a few months later, also changing his contract from a super sport location to a sport. Now, we cant work out together and they refused to fix the error they made, saying it was a corporate decesion and that they cannot overide it. I asked them how can they just change my contract without notice and they just said we apologize maam, but theres nothing that thay can do to fix it. I  even have a email cofirmation letter from them when I made this change and yet they still deny that it was their fault, and refused to correct it. I was forced to just cancel my husbands membership find a new gym. I can't beleive they are getting away with this, its classic bait and switch. They sign you up in a contract and maky you pay large sums upfront and later you find out you have to pay  more.  Whatever you do, do not join 24 Hour Fitness. They are unethical and do not stand by a written contract whatsoever.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/27/2014 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-hour-fitness-/orange-California-92806/24-hour-fitness-24-Hour-Fitness-changed-contract-without-notifying-me-Orange-Californi-1158080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 hour fitness