Complaint Review: 24 hour fitness

• Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: Butters — San diego California United States of America
24 hour fitness
5th ave San diego, California United States of America

24 hour fitness Talked to a representative who didn't input anything into the computer San diego, California

I was having money trouble and decided to cancel my gym membership. So I called 24 hour fitness member services and spoke to a male (always write their name down) who said instead of canceling it I should put it on hold so I wouldn't have to pay to reactivate my account so I agreed and he said an email would be sent so I didn't write down the confirmation number (yea my b) anyways,

so a few months later I check my checking account and they've been taking out money every month!! I called member services again and now they have no record of this, I checked my email and I never got an email. Turns out they don't even put your account on hold. So all this time I wasn't going to the gym because I thought I didn't even have a membership. So they even check their records and see that I wasn't going to the gym but they said we don't charge by usage BS!!! They woulnt refund my money so I quit. I don't know who I spoke to but he just played a sick joke because now there's no record of it and I seem like a crazy person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 08:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-hour-fitness/San-diego-California-92116/24-hour-fitness-Talked-to-a-representative-who-didnt-input-anything-into-the-computer-Sa-829363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 hour fitness