Complaint Review: 24 hour fitness

• Updated: Wed, March 05, 2014

• Reported By: Marlene — north hollywood California
24 hour fitness
5300 Lanchershim blvd north hollywood, California USA

24 hour fitness Manager said they were going to help but instead lied to me! north hollywood California

I decide to join the gym after my sister convinced me to join so I was called the 24 hour fitness on north hollywood CA to all for the specials.  The day before there was a special of $19.99 initiation fee and $39.99 monthly. So I called and asked a team member what are the specials you guys have? He told me well it's good that you called today because we have a special of $19.99 initiation fee and $39.99 monthly but you have to pay the first and last month, this special actually ended yesterday but I could give it to you today if you come right now. I even asked twice ok so I only pay $100 today? He said yes 20 the fee and 80 the first and last month. So I went to go sign up amd I took my mom because I am 17.

As he was signing me up I asled him one more time if what he told me by the phone was correct he told me yes. So I signed up. A week later I receive a text messege from my back charging me for over drafting because 24 Hour Fitness charged me $60.68. I called the gym asked to speak to someone and NONE would help methey would tell me they would call me back and never did. Until I called again asking to speak to the manager. She was nice but she also didnt want to listen because I am a minor she told me she couldnt do anything for me that it was a misunderstanding and she couldn't do anything.So I put my mother on the phone they talked and argued back and forth until the manager finally said she would give me credit for those $60. She said I wouldn't pay March and on April I would only pay 20 so it would make the 60 I said fine since they couldn't give me my money back.

Today my bank texted me again amd charging me for over drafting. 24 Hour Fitness charged me again. This time it's fir the monthly charge which they ate not supposed to charge since I have credit. I am calling them back and trying to reach the manager that talked to me last time and she is avoiding my calls. If anyone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 05:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-hour-fitness/north-hollywood-California-91605/24-hour-fitness-Manager-said-they-were-going-to-help-but-instead-lied-to-me-north-hollyw-1128595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 hour fitness