Complaint Review: 24 hour women's workout

• Reported By: Stevie29 — Newark Ohio United States of America
24 hour women's workout
st route 79 heath, Ohio United States of America

24 hour women's workout fraud heath, Ohio

In September 2010 I joined the 24 hour Women's Workout Express.  What a concept -- I can come and go as I please.  Bring in one of my own workout CD's and be more motivated than when I'm home working out.  I still believe it's a great concept!   I paid my $99 to join and $20 for my access key and it would be $20 every month.  Wonderful -- so I thought.   I realized mid November that they hadn't taken any payment out of my account so I tried for two months to get someone to contact me.  Of course, there was never staff there to ask.  Then I had surgery and didn't get to the gym.  Finally in mid January a staff member called and told me that it was there mistake and they wouldn't ask me for back payment and would begin taking payment out in February.  I thanked them and moved on.  When I was released from the doctor to finally work out - there was a sign on the door that stated they were temporarily out of power and it would be back on 24-48 hours later.  Two weeks later the lights weren't back on, so I started calling.  Never getting through at all.
They took out my February payment even though the gym was closed.  I paid a stop payment of $30 to my bank so they wouldn't try to take the March payment out of my account.  Now I have received two past due notices that I owe $39.95.
I should have known that there was something fishy about the owner Steve Riffle because he was very "as a matter of fact", very assuming, very cocky.
Watch out for any business you may be ready to do with him...he will take your money and run.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2011 07:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-hour-womens-workout/heath-Ohio-/24-hour-womens-workout-fraud-heath-Ohio-707146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 hour women's workout