Complaint Review: 24 hr fitness

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 18, 2013

• Reported By: 24 Hr fitness is in fact a Scam — Norman Oklahoma United States of America
24 hr fitness
NW 36th Interstate Norman, Oklahoma United States of America

24 hr fitness there is no such thing as first month free and no membership/contract only 22.00 a month as advertised Norman, Oklahoma

*Author of original report: Error in Reporting 24 hr fitness was All American Fitness Express

*UPDATE Employee: Very sorry about your experience

Alright, here's the deal. I went into 24 hr fitness with my husband just before Christmas because my gym was closing. All I wanted is to try the gym out for a month to see if I liked it. They had a huge sign outside that caught my attention. It read, "No Contracts or Fees Month to Month only 22.00." Great, I thought.

We go in and this lady sets me down in front of her desk and is talking so rapidly I can't understand what she is saying. She's talking about waving this and that and for 2 years I will have a contract. 24.00 pulled from our checking a mo. I thought whoa, whoa wait a minute. your sign says, no contracts. That's what I want and came in here for. She says if you do that you will have to pay 255.00 today and a 45.00 fee. Yet, she would be more than glad to wave all that. Just pay 65.00 today and we will get you all fixed up and you will meet with our Personal Trainer. I thought well, those are expensive maybe it will be worth the money.

My husband signes some papers. We receive no copies. The next thing I know I'm getting my picture taken and a door key. I meet up with the personal Trainer. We go through what she called the "Boot Camp" about killed me for the next several days. After we were finished she asked when would you like to come in next? I will put you on the scheadule. I told her. I would let her know. As soon As I was fixing to leave she handed me a sheet of paper. It was a price list and fees of her services. Very expensive ones. I feel I have been mislead and that no contract means no contract or fees means no fees yet in fact with the way these people twist the wording of sales and your attention to this and that and the other your head is spinning in them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24-hr-fitness/Norman-Oklahoma-/24-hr-fitness-there-is-no-such-thing-as-first-month-free-and-no-membershipcontract-only-996732. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24 hr fitness

Error in Reporting 24 hr fitness was All American Fitness Express

AUTHOR: Unhappy Customer - (USA)

I do apologize to 24 hr fitness. It was today when I discovered that it was in fact All American Fitness Express with a big Sign that read 24 hr. I didn't get any paperwork as I said before when I signed up for this All American Fitness Express Gym.

Sorry to 24 hour Fitness.

However, Complaint still in effect in full for All American Fitness Express.

Very sorry about your experience

AUTHOR: Andrea- 24 Hour Fitness - (United States of America)

We are so sorry to hear about the poor experience you had. If you wouldn't mind emailing us your full name and member#, we can research this for you ASAP.

In Health & Fitness,