• Report: #190513

• Updated: Mon, May 08, 2006

• Reported By:Sweet Home Oregon
24/7 Downloads
247downloads.com Internet U.S.A.

24/7 Downloads ripoff, charged my card but froze up my computer when downloading internet

This site was on my desktop after a friend was on my computer and I thought she downloaded it on there, later I found out it was a pop-up from something else she was on. It sounded like a good deal so I purchased a membership for 2 yrs. at $33.36 on my credit card.

When I got the e-mail for a confirmation with my password on it, the e-mail did not say how long my membership was. But going into the site with the passwords I was given, they kept saying my password would be void after 1 yr. when my membership was up.

It contained a list of things to download, such as, "How To Use File Finder", "Download Program Utilities", Download Codecs", "Download Spyware Killer", and "Download Popup Killer", etc.

Everything was going alright, I downloaded a couple things but still couldn't seem to download music like they had promised. When I downloaded the popup killer it froze my computer upon the restart. I had to completely restore it therefore losing everything I had on there previously!

I haven't had a credit card long and was leery about using it on the internet, and now I am even more so. Hopefully it will be a cheap lesson, and not the biggest mistake I can make with a credit card!

Tonya
Sweet Home, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2006 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-Downloads/internet/247-Downloads-ripoff-charged-my-card-but-froze-up-my-computer-when-downloading-internet-190513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 Downloads