Complaint Review: 24.7 Downloads.com

• Updated: Mon, April 05, 2004

• Reported By:Nashville Tennessee
24.7 Downloads.com
Www.247downloads.com Internet U.S.A.

24.7 Downloads.com Ripoff They Claim to be better than Napster but they don't have any files! That's part of their scam! Internet Based Internet

*Consumer Comment: No KnuckleHeads Here :)

*Consumer Comment: I read their legal statement, 24/7 Downloads REFUND POLICY, a total RipOff

*Consumer Suggestion: Whois info

This company advertises itself as a competitor to Napster. They claim to offer unlimited downloads for a year long membership for about $22.00. But what they don't tell you is that they don't actually have any files for you to download, unlike Napster.

What they do have is "sniffers" that basically search the internet for public files and IF someone has decided to "share" their music files your "sniffers" would pick them up for you to download. You have to set up all these parameters and select domains for your computer to search in hopes that there are actually some files out there. You actually end up doing most of the work and my "sniffers" never found a single file out there.

Naturally, none of this was mentioned in the description of their services. But, they do claim to have 100% satification guarantee. Needless to say, once I realized how I was to go about getting these "unliminted downloads" I immediately emailed the company asking for a refund. I have emailed to company several times over the past couple of months, with no reply. The company is a web based company with no telephone number or physical address to send complaints to.

All they have is the "support@247downloads.com" link. The company has ignored my emails and has not even responded to me- even to say that they won't give me my money. I tried to recoup the funds through my bank but they didn't have any contact information either. So it looks like I got scammed.

But, please whatever you do: DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS WEBSITE. Or else, you might lose your money as well. I hope that this will prevent other people from being a victim like me. Tell everyone you ever met about these unethical practices so as to put this dishonest business out of commission.

Please understand, this is just an accurate account of MY experiences with this company. And if the company feels I am slandering them, well maybe they shouldn't ignore their paying customers and forget they exist or respond to their inquires after they get their money!

Rosalena
Nashville, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2004 07:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-Downloadscom/internet/247-Downloadscom-Ripoff-They-Claim-to-be-better-than-Napster-but-they-dont-have-any-fil-86423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24.7 Downloads.com

AUTHOR: Rosalena - (U.S.A.)

Well, thanks for the "clever" input. As, you and everyone else (including a fetus)in the world knows that sites like Napster and iTunes ARE legal now. Paying $.99 to LEGALLY download the song and obtain a license. Which is what I thought this same company was offering (except in membership form).

While I appreciate your advice about being investigated I have nothing to worry about, because, unlike you I have never illegally downloaded any music. Even before the regulation laws were enacted. But, thanks and good luck with your reseach :)

I read their legal statement, 24/7 Downloads REFUND POLICY, a total RipOff

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Boz, normally I would totally agree with you about the various file sharing sites online, but I went and read the legal statement this site has up. It does say: "The User shall not transmit, access or communicate any data that infringes upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party", thus making their site *appear* to be free of the sharing of warez. (I'm not saying I believe this, just it appears that way by the way they have it worded.)

I can see where a person who's rather new online could feel this was a 'safe' site to belong to and get legal files from. I don't know if Rosalena is new online or not, but since she did say a lot more in her report than others have, I feel she could be. That is the only reason I'm taking the time to even speak up myself.

I found this on the 247downloads.com site:

24/7 Downloads REFUND POLICY

Our company provides a membership based service, and downloadable products that have the potential to be shared, distributed, copied or pirated. Therefore we have strict guidelines we follow when issuing a refund, to protect ourselves from people purchasing the product only to ask for a refund, and then continue to use and/or illegally share the product. By purchasing any of our products, you agree to abide strictly by our refund policy, and agree that the means we describe for requesting a refund is the only means you will attempt in regards to receiving a refund for your payment. You hereby agree to contact support@247downloads.com in the email format shown below, and NO ONE ELSE in requests for a refund. You shall not contact any or the Company's vendors, marketers, payment processors, or any other service providers. You hereby agree to send one email in the following format to support@247downloads.com, with the subject line reading "Refund Request":

==========================

I, certify that I am legitimately unable to use the 24/7 Downloads Membership. Below is my account information.

Billing Transaction ID:

Username:

Password:

I wish to obtain a full refund for the amount of:

I also certify that I will instantly uninstall and delete the product and any incentives that may have come with it, as well as any serial numbers or registration information I was provided by 24/7 Downloads. My reason for requesting this refund is as follows:

Sincerely,

===========================

All refund requests will be processed in the order they are received, and requesters shall be granted a refund at the sole discretion of the 24/7 Downloads staff. Our word is final and you agree to honor our decision and not pursue a refund further.
----

In plain english, that reads to me as "f---- you very much, now please drive thru and don't collect your money when you pass go".

This site is a total RipOff, but does give the appearance of being 'legal' to someone who isn't used to reading between the lines on the internet.

AUTHOR: Boz - (U.S.A.)

Hi this is Texino writing from the Stem Cell lab: You probably know that Napster and some other "file sharing" sites have been shut down because what the do is allow people to put up all kinds of files for other people to snag. This really gets the software outfits and the music companies riled up because it allows their proprietary files to be had for next to nothing. It is fun to do but it is illeagal and buy you putting all your information up, the feds may just decide to check you out for software piracy! Oh no!

I think that the next time someone asks you to spend money in order to do something illeagal, you should think before you act.
I mean what can you do? Call the FTC and say "I gave a company money so I could steal files and they ripped me off"? Shucks, even a fetus wouldn't fall for that one and they got no brains what so ever!

Heck Texino (that is me!) I used to do stuff like that until they passed the laws. Now that I am in to the big money stem cell harvesting business, I can buy all the software I want.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Whois info

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Here is what I could find on 247downloads.com and also on spamfly.com, which I see they use as an email address. I hope this helps you.

247downloads.com