Complaint Review: 24/7 Garage Door Service

• Updated: Sat, October 31, 2009

• Reported By: dosomething — Alexandria Virginia United States of America
24/7 Garage Door Service
10482 Baltimore Ave Suite 202 Beltsville, Maryland United States of America

24/7 Garage Door Service Company screws you when they know you are vulnerable Beltsville, Maryland

Neighbor's remote operated my garage door.  Left house and closed garage door; came home and it was open.  Changed code-no help.  Called this company from yellow pages who told me that as my garage door opener was an older model, it was on a "different frequency" and the only reliable fix was a new opener.  I know I should have done a little research first, but because I was worried about security and needed the work done right away, I gave the go-ahead for the outrageous price of $600.

When I had time to think, I realized how ridiculous this price was and did research on the web.  (I know, I know - a little late!) Found that a better opener with installation by Sears would have cost me half-$300!!  This price even included two remotes and an outside keypad.  Mine came with one remote and no keypad.

Though I certainly did not act with my usual caution and pre-purchase research, this company took advantage of knowing I felt insecure and, in effect, are guilty of price gouging.

PS  They are not even licensed, have no fax, e-mail, or web page and are probably in a store front.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2009 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-Garage-Door-Service/Beltsville-Maryland-20705/247-Garage-Door-Service-Company-screws-you-when-they-know-you-are-vulnerable-Beltsville-517787. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 Garage Door Service