rear

• Submitted: Mon, December 19, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, December 19, 2011

• Reported By: Bruno — UMBO Maryland United States of America
24/7 Locksmith

24/7 Locksmith Yaniv Asayag got locked out in the cold and was told it would be 55$ and up to unlock my door... cost 265$ Internet

I was locked out of my condo in Upper Marlboro at 530am on a Friday and after falling down my stairs and breaking my phone and putting it back together (already frustrated obviously) I called a 24 hour locksmith that showed up on google for my area.  An operator took my info and said a local locksmith would be calling me soon.  A man with a heavy accent called me back within 30 minutes and said he would be there within the hour and it would cost 55$ and up and assured me it would not be a ridiculous amount more if it wasnt a difficult door, it isnt.

A man named Yaniv Asayag showed up an hour and a half after I spoke to him (I am pretty cold at this point) and was talkative and grabbed this huge amount of tools and head to my door.  Before he did anything he explained to me it was 55$ for him to do NOTHING, just show up and then another like 25$ service fee for doing nothing and he explained that without even touching my door I already owed him 80$...

IF he were to get in to my door (if my deadbolt isnt locked) then it would cost me ANOTHER 185$ totalling 265$.  Thank god my deadbolt wasn't locked.  After about 5 minutes of talking and 1 minute of actual work popping my lock open he told me I owed him 265$ for all his hard work (he says sarcastically) and I asked him to bill me for it.  APPARENTLY he is told that he cannot leave until he gets his money and sadly enough at this point I did not have 265$ to pay him (times are hard!) and sat there staring at me telling me to hurry up as I made phone calls trying to find a friend/family to help me pay for this rip off.

I WOULD NEVER reccommend this locksmith to anyone, I would reccommend breaking a window before calling this rip off artist, it would probably cost less.  I still do not understand why I was supposedly charged 80 dollars for him to do nothing and after doing the math this idiot makes $7950 an hour if he charges 265$ for 5 minutes of work.  I am in the wrong profession, oh and by the way I am a US Marine and it took all my patience to not jump this guy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2011 09:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-Locksmith/internet/247-Locksmith-Yaniv-Asayag-got-locked-out-in-the-cold-and-was-told-it-would-be-55-and-up-811234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 Locksmith