Complaint Review: 24/7 career services

• Reported By: FedUpWithScams — Brooklyn New York United States of America
24/7 career services
2340 Fifth Avenue, #S-32 New York, New York United States of America

24/7 career services Liars, Thieves, and Asses New York, New York

In early January 2013, I saw a Help Wanted ad in the newspaper for a Front Desk Security job. The man that answered the phone when I called said I should bring $60 for the application fee. On January 7th, 2013 I paid Mr. Norman the $60.00.  After I completed the application and paid the fee Mr. Norman said I need to pay for training first. (BAIT & SWITCH) As requested, I returned on January 10th, 2013 and paid an additional $200.00 to take the course required for the job. That is a total of $260.00 that 24/7 Career Services received from me.

During the registration process, I showed Mr. Norman my passport as identification. At that time, Mr. Norman did not ask for any other i.d.. He knew I did not have a Social Security card, but he still took my money. (LIARS & SCAMMERS) On January 14th, 2013, I went to the training at another location (250 West 40th Street), but the course instructor, Mr. Jonturchin, informed me I cannot take the course because I do not have a Social Security card.

I returned the next day for a refund from 24/7 Career Services. Mr. Norman asked for my receipt and had me complete a Refund Form. He said he would transmit it to the Owner of the Company for a refund. I gave hiim CASH. Why do I have to wait? He did not return my receipt and up to today, February 7th, 2013, he has not refunded my money. Who is this Owner? And why can't she get on the phone and approve my refund?

Mr. Norman now asks that I supply a notarized letter because it is company policy. There is no legal requirement for such Affidavit, but I hoped the document would clear up the issue and resolve my refund. It did not. Mr. Norman said I have to wait ANOTHER 7-14 days. By the end of the day I was heated and riled up!

Other company owners in the same building told me people come here all week ready to fight for their money back. Rarely do they place anybody in jobs, with or without training. They give newspaper referrals to jobs you could find for yourself. The scam is to get you to pay for expensive training.

When the notary (who is a family friend) tried to help me and calmly explain my circumstances, Ms. Washington (THE OWNER) called the notary to the phone and told her to mind her own business. Ms. Washington threatened to complain and make bad business for the woman who was trying to help ME.  Ms. Washington is a bad person and this 24/7 Career Services is a FRAUD. I recommend anyone who does business here report to:

Office of the Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Fraud and Protection
Harlem State Office Building
163 West 125th Street
New York, NY  10027
(212)961-4475

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2013 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-career-services/New-York-New-York-10037/247-career-services-Liars-Thieves-and-Asses-New-York-New-York-1010640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 career services