Complaint Review: 24/7 Downloads

• Submitted: Sun, June 19, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, June 19, 2005

• Reported By:San Francisco California
24/7 Downloads
#313, 620 Park Avenue Rochester, New York U.S.A.

24/7 Downloads Ripoff, fraud, extra charges, misrepresentation, worthless difficult software, no results Rochester New York

I did a Google search for Best Music Download Sites. The first non-sponsored site was called MP3 Review.net. It should've been called MP3 Review.not. Their top reviewed site (9 out of 10) was called 24/7 Downloads.com. They said "24/7 Downloads is a HOT service that has millions of members;" "THE best program available;" "24/7 Downloads is the current downloading program of choice. Until we review a better program they are our top pick." Sounds pretty good, huh? My first indication of trouble was when I tried to pay the $33.36 for a 2 year membership. I got an error message indicating that my transaction couldn't be processed. So I tried again and got the same message. I gave up. The next day, I found that my account had been debited $33.36 twice! I downloaded several times before I could finally install the program. I tried to follow the instructions. I found myself unable to find any file at all. Not one. It's awful clunky worthless software that won't do what it says. The best thing I can say about this company is that they've got a web page that fools you into thinking that this is a good product to buy.

There's apparently an affiliate program where websites can offer 24/7 Downloads and make money off it. The Internet is infested with them. This looks like racketeering and conspiracy to me. 24/7 Downloads advertises through Google. I've complained to Google, MP3 Review.com, and Offerweb.com. The address on Park Avenue in Rochester is a UPS mail drop. I've filed a complaint with the Rochester UPS location and the parent UPS Store website.

Let's Make Something Happen!

San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2005 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-Downloads/Rochester-New-York-14607-2943/247-Downloads-Ripoff-fraud-extra-charges-misrepresentation-worthless-difficult-softwa-146766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 Downloads