Complaint Review: 24/7 Locksmith Seattle

• Reported By: OM — shoreline Washington
24/7 Locksmith Seattle
10685-B Hazelhurst Dr. # 15203 Houston, Texas USA

24/7 Locksmith Seattle Scam/Fraud/Ripoff Houston Texas

Okay so last night my husband went to work (we live in Seattle) and locked his keys in his car. He called me to let me know, so I looked online to find a place that could come and unlock his car for him quickly because he needed to get in to work on time...

I clicked on the first link which was this 24/7 Seattle Locksmith service, which said that the service charge is $15 and the fee for unlocking his car would be $35. I didn't think anything of it, he was in a rush so he called them.

That's when I started to read reviews online from people saying that it's a common thing from them to say they will charge you about 50 dollars and then later change it to about 200 or so. So then I was frantically calling my husband to get him to have them not come, or to tell them that they weren't needed, but they already showed up.

I didn't even know that this so called company was based out of Texas until I did some research after the fact.

Anyway, so the guy comes and starts just talking about a bunch of different numbers right when he gets out of the car and says that he can't use a slim jim on his car, he has to use some balloon device (which was also a common problem in the reviews) Which is complete crap considering a slim jim has been used on his car before when this happened a long time ago.

Then the guy tells my husband he has to pay 201 dollars what was originally supposed to be 50 dollars and my husband freaked out and told him that he wasn't going to pay it, which then he goes "okay well we will make it 150" Which is still ridiculous considering it's a two second job to open the car.

Since my husband was in a rush though, he had to pay it and send the guy on his way. It's just completely stupid, and although I should have done better research, in emergency situations like that it's kind of impossible.

This company has had so many different horrible reviews and constant complaints to them and nothing has been done.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 12:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-Locksmith-Seattle/Houston-Texas-77043/247-Locksmith-Seattle-ScamFraudRipoff-Houston-Texas-1140479. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 Locksmith Seattle