Complaint Review: 24/7 NYC Locksmith

370 West Pleasantview Ave, #2-337 Hackensack, New Jersey USA

24/7 NYC Locksmith  Hackensack New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Another ripoff instance

*Author of original report: 24/7 Locksmith Rebuttal

*General Comment: A quote...

I called for service. I asked about the cost to have my locks changed. I was told that it would be a $15 service fee and $29 charge for the cylinder change. When the technician got here he asked me which locks were being changed and we discussed the cost of security locks not realizing that the cost he was quoting was applied to me. After changing the cylinder to my lock he told me that it was $19 for the service and $145 for the cylinder. I was shocked because that's substantially different than the price quoted over the phone. At that point my lock was changed and we couldn't reverse the service and so I was forced to pay $179.20. I felt misled and duped and so I called their office to discuss the situation. I was rudely told to hold by a young lady. Then a gentleman came on the phone 2 minutes later. He never addressed who he was, no name, not title, nothing. And so I explained my situation and how I felt. There was a few moments of silence followed by a hmm mmh… So I responded and said is that your response to my concerns. He then replied with please hold. He had on hold for at least 5 minutes and came back and said at this time I can not reduce your charge. I then ended our conversation with thank you and I will report you.

I was quoted one price on the phone and when the technician came here after changing the cylinder on my lock I saw the price he wrote on his reciept pad and at that point I questioned him about the price at which point he said that the price I was quoted is the price service starts at. That was not explained nor stated in the conversation I had with the rep I made the appointment with. I Felt misled. I said that to the technician but because the lock was already changed I was forced to pay the price. I called the home office to explain and their response and service was less than acceptable. After expressing my concern to a youg lady, she place me on hold without explaining why. 2 minutes later a man who never introdduced himself came on the phone and so I continued to explain my issue to him and responded with hmm mmh. I then said is that your response to my concerns and proceeded with putting me on hold for 5 minutes. At his return he said at this time I cannot offer you any change in price.  I said thank you and that I would report your business.

Keisha Jerry

kjerry@y-clad.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2013 11:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-NYC-Locksmith/Hackensack-New-Jersey-07601/247-NYC-Locksmithnbsp-Hackensack-New-Jersey-1111269. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 NYC Locksmith

Another ripoff instance

AUTHOR: LockOutFella - ()

These guys are habitual in this regard. I'd use the term ripoff artist but there's no skill involved in what they do, merely the exploitation of leverage to extract absurd amounts of money from unwitting parties.

They don't even bother to try to open the locks with a lock pick kit. Instead, they go straight to drilling so they can do the job as quickly as possible and move onto the next rube. There are few other types of work where someone can charge to show up and then go straight to a quick destructive fix and demand large sums of money.

Their counter argument is "you can always ask them to leave and get someone else." Sure you can but after they leave you waiting and make it seem like a major task you feel like you have no choice. Then to drill a lock (when the website says starting at $35 (approx. as I don't care to revist their site ever again) they'll spend under a minute and demand full payment, which, inclusive of the service fee to show up is nearly $200.

A word to the wise to all potential future customers: REFUSE TO SIGN THEIR RECEIPT AND IF YOU MUST SPECIFICALLY CROSS OUT THE BOILER PLATE LANGUAGE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE RECEIPT.

Filing a claim in small claims court only costs $15...

24/7 Locksmith Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Kjerry - ()

Obviously, this is from the service provider. An my response to you is I PAID! I PAID THE FULL AMOUNT and have the receipt and bank statment to provie it! You received payment and therefore, I am not looking for a discount or what ever you're implying.

YOU LIED ABOUT THE COST OF YOUR SERVICES AS A PLOY FOR CUSTOMERS TO CHOOSE YOU!

I'm writing this report and others anywhere I can to make consumers aware of your tactics.

Thanks.

#3 General Comment

A quote...

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

You had a PHONE QUOTE. This means they gave you information based on the STANDARD rate of doing a job. When the workman shows up and does the job you complain because you have to pay for it. Each "job" is different. As such your quote doesnt mean diddly squat. YOU could not give ALL of the information needed to have an accurate quote. If they quoted you one price and you were charged a different price then LOGIC would dictate that the job you had performed DID NOT meet the standards of the cheaper price. The price they gave you is probably for a single door knob and nothing more. If you had other then that changed then it is not THEIR fault for giving you a quote based on a DIFFERENT type of locksmithing task.

You can whine and complaion all you like, but it doesnt change the fact that you ASSUMED that your lock issue fell into the cheaper price range. Once a professional got there and determined that the job you were quoted was false as its not the job that needed to be done, your phone quote was no longer a VALID quote.

Then to top it all off, you have the NERVE to complain because you made assumptions. Do you NOT know how the world works? Are you NOT an adult? This should be a easy situation for you to grasp. They quoted you a price for a job, sight unseen. Once they saw the problem it becomes completly obvious that your problem is not covered by the phone quote. And it looks like from your own words that the locksmith told you this.

They are under ZERO obligation to honor the BLIND quote. Its a general quote for the LOWEST amount they charge for that type of service. Not only did they listen to your phone full of crazy ranting, but gave you a solid answer. YOU just didnt like it.

There is no rip off here. The only scammer is the original poster. SHE is attempting to SCAM them for a lower price. First by calling and complaining and getting no where with that, then SHE posts a negative review about them because of the inability of the OP to understand BASIC business principles. SHE is attempting "Internet Blackmail". SHE thinks she can embarass them into giving her a refund or discount. Unfortunatly for her, she never counted on someone calling her story BS and pointing out the flaws with her story. Nice try, but THINGS COST MONEY!! PEOPLE NEED TO BE PAID WHEN THEY DO A JOB FOR YOU!!! STOP BEING CHEAP!! IF YOU COULD HAVE DONE THE JOB YOURSELF THEN YOU WOULD HAVE!! BUT SINCE YOU CANNOT YOU MUST PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR YOU!!!!

Maybe next time talk with your buildings super or maintenece man. THEY might be able to do the job for you and all you have to do is buy the doorknob. And maybe pay them $20 because we know how cheap you REALLY are.