Complaint Review: 24/7 techies

24/7 techies

24/7 techies and Paypal, Internet

*Author of original report: 24/7 Techies

*Author of original report: 24/7 Techies update

I used 24/7 techies to try to solve a computer problem. Checking their address, it showed Las Vegas, but they are actually in Sri Lanka. I paid the $149.95 with Paypal thinking I would be covered if something didn't work out.

A 24/7 tech remotely entered my computer around 11:00am and started poking around for the problem. 12 hours later, and four different techs, they were no closer to a solution. Spent another 4 hours the next day with yet another tech and still no joy. At this point I said enough and asked for a refund, and was told he would check with his supervisor, and I would receive a call within 3 days

No calls after 3 days. Tried calling them, either a recording or no answer. Tried email, no reply. Opened a dispute with Paypal. Then I receive a call from them saying if I drop the dispute, they will send a refund. After reading online about similar cases, where the dispute was dropped and there was still no refund, I told them if they send the refund, I'll drop the dispute. I was told they don't work that way.

I escalated the Paypal dispute to a claim, and sent them all the pertinent information. After a week Paypal replies that the claim has been denied because my purchase was for a virtual, digital or intangible item. Only after digging deep into the Paypal website, did I find this mentioned under SELLERS protection. Paypal should have notified me of this before the dispute was escalated to a claim.

I ended up taking the computer in to a local shop and they asked who was in there, because it was a mess. If you are thinking about using 24/7 techies, beware, especially with Paypal. A credit card company might afford more protection.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2013 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/247-techies/internet/247-techies-and-Paypal-Internet-1014786. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24/7 techies

24/7 Techies

24/7 Techies update....

24/7 has issued a full refund, without any problems. The only problem now is trying to get this update posted.....

24/7 Techies has issued a full refund
This was even after Paypal denied my claim. 24/7 could have done nothing after that and legally  I would have had no recourse, but they stood by their money back guarantee. To me, that says a lot about a company.
While they weren't able to solve my computer problem, everyone I spoke to was knowledgeable and polite, and they did try....16 hours worth.

24/7 Techies update

AUTHOR: Toesover - (United States of America)

I tried to post this earlier, but apparently it didn't work.

24/7 Techies has issued a full refund, which would have been sooner I suspect, if I had just dealt with them instead of filing a dispute with Paypal. Even though they weren't able to solve my problem, all the techs and supervisors were knowledgeable and polite.
They lived up to their word without a problem and I would recommend them to anyone who has computer issues.