Complaint Review: 24PROTECT PLUS

• Submitted: Fri, December 12, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, December 12, 2003

• Reported By:Newport Oregon
www.dealpass.com Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

24PROTECT PLUS - Dealpass - easy Escapes Fraud ripoff Omaha Nebraska

After receiving a call telling me I had WON a $50 Gift card from Walmart from my visa card, I was asked to review a money saving program. I agreed and was told that they ALREADY HAD my billing information and would charge it for the trial period of the first month for a dollar. If I decided to keep the program I would be charged $135 for the next year, or I could cancell within 30 days.

When the folder came 2 weeks later, there was a card attached that had to be filled out and returned in order to receive a surrey that had to be filler out and return in order to received the $50 Walmart card. Mind you all this had to happend while you were still a member.

It took them 2 weeks to send me the folder. By the time they sent the survey and I sent it back, the last 2 weeks of my FREE TRIAL would have passed and I would have be charged the $135 yearly fee.

When I called the 1-877-271-4180 number, the man "Steven #16673" agreed that my timeline was probably correct, but that there were many other money saving benefits to the program. I told him it was false advertising and fraud. I cancelled my membership and said his supervisor would take my complaint, "Please hold". After 15 minutes on terrible music, I hung up. I didn't "win" anything. They made it sould like visa was sponsor this program, and how the hell did they already have my visa card #?

I find this very unnerving and plan to call my visa card company to complain.

Newport, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2003 06:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24PROTECT-PLUS/Omaha-Nebraska-68124-1965/24PROTECT-PLUS-Dealpass-easy-Escapes-Fraud-ripoff-Omaha-Nebraska-74892. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24PROTECT PLUS