rank

• Updated: Wed, August 27, 2008

• Reported By:Fair Haven Vermont
24PROTECTPLUS-V
24PROTECTPLUS123.COM Internet U.S.A.

24PROTECTPLUS-V Unauthorized credit card charges after using Intelius.com PeopleLook Internet

In April 2008, I was looking up an old friend's address and used PeopleLook and paid $2.95 for the information. Three days later, I began to be charged $19.95 a month from 24ProtectPlus.

To my knowledge, this was never authorized by me. I called my credit card company and explained that my credit card had been compromised due to these recurring fraudulent charges and I wanted it stopped immediately. They proceeded to cancel my card and reissued it.

Meanwhile, I called 24ProtectPlus and asked how they got my credit card number and was told that when I did the people lookup, there was an add for 24ProtectPlus, and that if I didn't call within 7 days, they would assume I wanted the protection and charge my account.

After some rather tense moments and discussions, they finally agreed to cancel the subscription and refund my money in full.

I then called Intelius.com PeopleLook (425-974-6100). They stated they were aware of the scam but were powerless to stop it. It seems that when you order a report from them, a pop-up from 24ProtectPlus comes up and asks if you want your report sent. Instinctively, you push yes, and that's when they get you without you knowing about it.

I think this is a very shabby business practice and will never do business with either company again. I wanted to let as many people as possible know about this fraud/scam.

Sue l.
Fair Haven, Vermont

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2008 11:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24PROTECTPLUS-V/internet/24PROTECTPLUS-V-Unauthorized-credit-card-charges-after-using-Inteliuscom-PeopleLook-Int-367448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24PROTECTPLUS-V