Complaint Review: 24ProtectPlus

• Submitted: Thu, April 10, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 19, 2008

• Reported By:Westcliffe Colorado
24ProtectPlus
24protectplus.com Norwalk, Connecticut U.S.A.

24ProtectPlus Fraudulent/unauthorized credit card charge Norwalk Connecticut

*Author of original report: 24 Hour Protect Plus update

I ran a background report someone using Intellius online several days ago. This morning, I was checking our bank records. A charge showed up for a membership to a company called "24ProtectPlus." I had ever heard of this company and certainly didn't sign up for a membership with them. I googled the company and found NUMEROUS complaints against them for fraudulent credit card charges, inlcluding information about a Class Action Lawsuit that has been filed. It seems that there is a "hidden" acceptance to their service somewhere in the Intellius information I had filled out online.

I immediately called my credit card company to contest the charge as fraudulent. I then called this 24ProtectPlus and was basically told that I had accepted membership and confirmed it by providing my email address to Intellius when I'd done the background check. What it said on Intellius is that you must provide your email address in order to recieve your report. I saw nothing about any other service or membership, and as always, I did read it thouroughly before I completed the registration for the Intellius service.

So back to 24ProtectPlus....the person I spoke with initially refused to refund the money or cancel the membership. I then told her they had billed my card without my INFORMED CONSENT, I have already called my cc company and filed a complaint and asked them to reverse the charge AND I had found information pertaining to a Class Action lawsuit filed against them which I would be joining immediately. She then agreed to cancel the membership and reimburse the charges. She said it would take 3-5 business days. She did provide me with her name and with a cancellation confirmation number, so we will see if the fees are actually reimbursed.

Christy
Westcliffe, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2008 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24ProtectPlus/Norwalk-Connecticut/24ProtectPlus-Fraudulentunauthorized-credit-card-charge-Norwalk-Connecticut-325080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24ProtectPlus

24 Hour Protect Plus update

AUTHOR: Christylyn01 - (U.S.A.)

24 Hour Protect Plus did in fact refund the 19.99 that was fraudulently charged to my card. It took approximately two business days for it to show up on my account. I have had no further problems with them.
Christy