Complaint Review: 24protect.com - pro

• Submitted: Wed, June 24, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, June 24, 2009

• Reported By:DORAL Florida
24protect.com - pro
24protect.com - pro Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

24 Protect Charged my credit card after I had cancelled the service Des Plaines Illinois

I had signed up to check my credit. After I signed up I felt kind of funny there was something about this company that just didn't look right, so I immediately call 1-888-999-0562 and spoke with a representative. I proceeded to explaining to the rep that I had just completed my application on-line and I was calling to cancel the service. I did advise him that I never even pulled my credit report, I just wanted nothing to do with the service. The representative agreed to cancel the service and assured me my credit card would not get charged a penny. I asked him twice "are you sure????" he said yes, I am sure you will not be charged. He confirmed the cancellation via email, when I received my email I figured everything would be fine. To my surprise a few hours later I get charged (as a debit) and it causes my account to be overdrawn. I immediately called the number above I speak to a supervisor and she gives me a fax number to fax a copy of my bank statement. The next day I see the refund for the charge but no refund for the 30.00 overdraft. A few days later I call the service line 877-881-2356, and they tell me the might deny the 30.00 refund. To make a long story short -they will not refund my 30.00 charge even though they assured me they would not charge my cc a penny. If you ever need to check your credit go to "freecredit.com" they are true to their word!

Cyn
DORAL, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2009 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/24protectcom-pro/Des-Plaines-Illinois-6001/24-Protect-Charged-my-credit-card-after-I-had-cancelled-the-service-Des-Plaines-Illinois-464648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 24protect.com - pro