Complaint Review: 2861 Bainbridge, Bronx NY 10458

• Updated: Wed, February 20, 2013

• Reported By: Mike Texiera — Bronx New York United States of America
2861 Bainbridge, Bronx NY 10458
2861 Bainbridge, Bronx NY 10458 Bronx, New York United States of America

2861 Bainbridge, Bronx NY 10458 Bandil Farms STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUILDING!!!! Bronx, New York

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Problem Solved

*General Comment: Current Tenant

*Consumer Comment: Lets be honest about 2861 Bainbridge

*General Comment: both stories are untrue

*Consumer Comment: I used to live at 2861 Bainbridge

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Blatently Untrue

*General Comment: Question for you...

2861 Bainbridge Ave. Bronx NY 10458

Stay FAR AWAY from this building, its an absolute filthy dump. The elevator is constantly broken, the constant smell of garbage in the hallways, the drug dealing and urinating in the lobby and broken locks and intercom are just a few of the many problems in this building.

The management Bandil Farms NEVER responds we are trying desperately to move but they said if we break our lease they will sue us. When we went to see the apartment about 6 months ago the lobby was clean and there was no smell. The walls were marked up with some graffitti but that was about it.

We didnt use the elevator when we went to see the apartment because the agent who showed us the place said it was being modernized and would be out of service for 3 days. The super later told us that whenever they are going to show an apartment for rent they order him to make sure nobody urinates in the hallway and to shut off the elevator so people dont see the bad condition that its in. [continued below]....

Heat and hot water never work and the water that comes out of the faucets are brown, toilets don't flush, bathrooms are full of mold that has been painted over a million times.

The other day we walked in to the lobby and there were feces on the steps and used baby diapers and a used condom on the floor. It was revolting.

Once we heard screams from the hallway and looked out the door and saw 2 people having sex on the stairs.

The basement has a room where they keep live roosters and chickens for fighting and have loud yelling all night while this is going on! It's unbelievable! This is illegal when we complained to the management they started laughing and said that they know people in the buildings department and housing court and they will give us bad references and we will never rent an apartment in the city of new york if we keep making so many complaints.

We have a 2 year lease but I cant imagine having to live here for that long. We only rented here because its close to our university and need to stay in the area until graduation. It's not cheap either we pay $1,000 for a 1 bedroom apartment.

We have contacted a lawyer to try and get out of this horror house. Onwers are Bandil Farms Inc. 6 Furler Street Totowa, NJ 17512 973-785-4088. -Miguel Texiera 3rd Floor

--Mike Texiera 3rd Floor

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2010 12:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/2861-Bainbridge-Bronx-NY-10458/Bronx-New-York-10458/2861-Bainbridge-Bronx-NY-10458-Bandil-Farms-STAY-AWAY-FROM-THIS-BUILDING-Bronx-New-Y-671830. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 2861 Bainbridge, Bronx NY 10458

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Problem Solved

AUTHOR: Nothappy - (United States of America)

Thank you! Seems the issue has been resolved. This was totally the fault of the tenants upstairs and does not reflect that of the owner/mgmt of the building.
As for 2861 Bainbridge it is a good clean building our apartment is quite nice and everyone seems friendly (excluding the peeps upstairs). The Super does an excellent job and no real problems.

#2 General Comment

Current Tenant

AUTHOR: Nothappy - (United States of America)

Though i agree the original complaint in no way represents the real 2861 Bainbridge. The building is well kept and a decent neighborhood-all considering. I do however have a legitimate complaint about the building. Little buffer between the apartment above, you can hear everything! Really bad when you have very ignorant, loud, disrespectful neighbors. The floors are hardwood and are supposed be 80% covered....apparently no oversight on this. My girlfriend who works 16+ hour days has to wear earplugs to sleep. Have given numerous complaints!!! Apparently Bandil Farms would rather rent to anybody (trying to be nice and not say anything negative about the mutants upstairs) than someone hard-working, responsible, respectful and can easily pay rent for years to come. Definitely not going to renew the lease and have often thought about breaking it. Almost forgot to mention the apartment was broken into shortly after moving in....that was pretty awesome!!      I cannot blame the owner or manager/super for this entirely. Loud neighbors are everywhere but this is like being in a tin can. If the date is posted you will see that it is almost 11 pm Christmas eve! The idiots upstairs are having a party and apparently break dancing so i cannot hear anything and have to wear headphones and watch movies on my laptop. F This Place

I will gladly delete this if somehow this problem is resolved.

Lets be honest about 2861 Bainbridge

AUTHOR: Digna - (United States of America)

As I stated in my post earlier, I used to live at 2861 Bainbridge a few years back and everything I stated about when I lived there happened at that time. I agree that the original picture that is posted is not 2861 Bainbridge, but in my posting I found an actual picture of 2861 and posted it with my review.

Since I still have some friends and an aunt in the area of 2861, I still go back to the area a few times a year.  It doesn't look like much has changed in terms of safety.  All of the houses are covered in security bars, graffitti everywhere, dirty streets and sidewalks and if you walk on the side of the street where the church / school are you can see all of the broken glass from car windows that are smashed during the night.  And I find it hard to belive that there are no more muggings and robberies at night, the area is totally desolate and dark and criminals take advantage of that everywhere.

Also, regarding the elevator, in the last post the person who says they live there and says the "elevators" work, well there is only ONE elevator and when I lived there it was old, smelly and constantly broken.  So unless they added a 2nd elevator, (which I seriously doubt) I think the landlord is writing these posts defending the building or someone is lying and trying to make things seem better than they truly are.  Also who would be angry about having an application denied to live at 2861 Bainbridge??  There are a million old working class no amenity buildings in the Bronx to choose from.  Again, it´s not the WORST building to live in but certainly not 1st or 2nd choice.

#4 General Comment

both stories are untrue

AUTHOR: 2861 resident - (United States of America)

I live in the building mentioned and both of the statements are untrue. I have been here for the past 4yrs and as of yet have not seen any such things.
The previous writer states that there has been some muggings across the street; the school across the street is private property and closed off to the public entry or pathway. Currently stands a newly gated constructed building. No cars are left nor were stranded there. Our super cleans the building everyday, the elevators work 24/7, there are no roosters on sight nor urine or feces on the lobby. we have no hang out in the hallways.
Probably this person wished to live here and had the application denied. The statements appear to be from someone who obviously is disgruntled. The report definitely makes the writer noticeably non intelligent.
The question stands why he/she agree to commit to the lease to any building of such standards if you are not satisfied. Inserting a picture of somewhere in the south Bronx is a clear lie to what bainbridge ave is. Just looking at the picture would make anyone turn around and not walk in. 2861 is clearly not trump towers but it is nothing to what has been written. Grow up

I used to live at 2861 Bainbridge

AUTHOR: Digna - (United States of America)

I was trying to find information on an old friend and neighbor and I found this posting. I used to live at 2861 Bainbridgeseveral years ago and I will be fair and tell you exactly what my experience was.

The picture in the posting is NOT 2861 Bainbridge. 2861 is an older building, probably built in the 1940s and yes there was some graffiti on it and in the hallways and elevator but not as bad as the picture.

It was your standard bronx working class apartment building, big rooms in so so condition, with your standard problems. Not enough hot water, dirty hallways, broken windows which you had to prop open with a piece of wood, sometimes the elevator worked and sometimes it did not. The frontdoor was always broken, kids in the buildng would jam the buzzer and break the intercom all the time. I had constant leaks in the kitchen ceiling, and after constantly calling Bandil Farms the landlord they would come, do a cheap repair job which lasted 2 or 3 months, and then the ceiling would get wet, leakand collapse again. There were also missing tiles in the bathroom on the walls and instead of replacing them they just patched up the missing tiles with grey cement.

The super at the time was a big Yugoslavian guy named Xhevat. He did not keep the building clean at all and was always fighting and threateningtenants. A lot of the apartments got robbed and he was the suspect but nothing was ever proven. I also had several panties and bras stolen out of the washing machines in the basement laundry room andwhile I can't prove it, I think he did it because he would look at me all the time like he was undressing me with his eyes. I was scared of him.

The building is in front of a girls school and a park which belongs to the school which looks nice during the day due to all of thelarge treesandold church buildingshowever it's DANGEROUS at night. Our car was constantly broken into, people got mugged all the time and you had to really be careful. At night you could hear screams from the street of people getting robbed in front of the building. On the corner of 198th and Bainbridge and the block of 199thbetween Briggs andBainbridge there was a lot of drug dealing and at night gunfire you could hear the shots being fired.

The neighbors in the building were fairly nice, very diverse,black, hispanic, white, young and old. There were several elderlypeople at the time who had lived there for a long time who couldn't afford to move out but I am sure would have liked to. There were some kids who were trouble makers who smokedmarijuana in the hallways. One day I camehome they were smokingmarijuana right by the door to my apartment, I told them to get away, they didn't say anythingand disappeared. The next day I came home and there was a pile of garbage in front of my apartment door, chicken bones, used diapers, food scraps. I am sure it was those kids getting revenge on me. That was when I decided it was timeto move.

So all in all, not the worst building in the Bronx but not the best either. It's definitely not a place I would ever choose to live again, but if you have to live in the area there is worse than 2861 Bainbridge.

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Blatently Untrue

AUTHOR: Lori - (United States of America)

As landlord for the property at 2861 Bainbridge Ave., we have never heard of, nor had as a tenant Mike Texiera. If you google map our address, you will see the building-a picture is worth a thousand words. Our reputation speaks for itself.

#7 General Comment

Question for you...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

You are writing about a building located on Bainbridge, correct?

Why on Earth would you submit a photo of a building on Willis Avenue? Are you trying to mislead people into thinking that the building in the photo is the one that you are writing about?

Out of curiosity, how does the photographer who took that photo feel about you using it in this report?