Complaint Review: 2Crave Alloys(Wheels)

• Submitted: Mon, October 07, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, October 07, 2013

• Reported By: Darren — Dallas Pennsylvania
2Crave Alloys(Wheels)
16000 Heron Ave La Mirada, California USA

2Crave Alloys, Wheels, Will Not Honor Warranty for defective product La Mirada California

*Author of original report: So what do I do???

*UPDATE Employee: Corrosion

Purchased and installed wheels from 2Crave alloy less than a year ago.  Wheels corroded at the seam on all four wheels.  Contacted company by email.  No response.  Called and spoke to a customer service rep who assured me he would look into the issue.

Emailed photos of damage to him like requested.  No call back after a reasonable amount of time. Eventually made contact and rep stated he would have to check with the factory to determine the problem.  Called back on date and time when told and the rep continously avoided my calls.

After about a month of leaving messages and repeated calls, finally made contact.  Rep stated that brake dust caused the corrosion on the wheels.  Really?  Brake Dust?

I cleaned and maintained the wheels with soap and water on a weekly basis if not two times a week, and this company claims that brake dust causes corrosion on wheels less than a year old?  Unreal. [continued below]....

.....

I have never had custom wheels corrode, much less be told that 2crave wheels are suseptable to corrosion due to brake dust.  I suppose you need a car without brakes to use these wheels.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/2Crave-AlloysWheels/La-Mirada-California-90638/2Crave-Alloys-Wheels-Will-Not-Honor-Warranty-for-defective-product-La-Mirada-California-1090154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 2Crave Alloys(Wheels)

So what do I do???

AUTHOR: Darren - ()

2Crave gives a rebuttal, so what is my next stepo to correct the warranty not being honored?  Call my retailer and say what??

Corrosion

AUTHOR: Info2c - ()

It is unfortunate that you had to deal with corrosion.

However, our warranty is issued through the retailer, in that, what you should do is contact them, let them figure out whether or not this is a warranty issue and not just customer negligence. If the retailer determines that this is a warranty issue then they would let us (2Crave) know, in which case we will gladly replace the wheel(s).

We are a manufacturing and distribution company, we do not typically deal with the public.

If you're willing, please let us know where you purchased the wheels, and we can arrange to have the shop inspect them to identify the actual issue.

We appreciate your honesty and apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and want to help in any way we can to resolve the issue.