Complaint Review: 3 Day Blinds

• Submitted: Fri, June 04, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 21, 2011

• Reported By:Mission Viejo California
3 Day Blinds
2220 East Ceritos Avenue Laguna Hills, California U.S.A.

3 Day Blinds Ripoff Blind sided with a bait and switch at 3 Day Blinds Laguna Hills California

*UPDATE Employee: 3 Day Blinds Rebuttal

I heard about this company from a friend who had a great experience at a different showroom. She ordered the "apartment quality" vertical blinds for her rental unit. I walked in to the Laguna Hills show room and explained that I wanted the cheapest blind available--the apartment quality vertical blinds. Nobody explained to me that there are three types of vertical blinds--they ended up selling me the Ultima blind which is the highest quality!! I was never informed that I had other options.

When I compared my invoice to my friends I learned that I was sold a different blind than my friend to the tune of a 90% higher price--Hello!!!! I called customer service and they acted like it was my fault. I asked them what was the apartment quality blind and they told me that would be the View Pointe. So I asked how in the hell did I get the most expensive vertical blind --the Ultima!! Apparently, according to Customer CARE, I should have known better. In the showroom there is no explanation that there are different qualities of identical looking vertical blinds and nobody explained this to me. Customer "CARE" told me it was my problem and they could not do anything. This company has some major communication issues with their satellite operations.

I called three other showrooms and asked what the apartment quality vertical blinds were and they all told me that it was a View Pointe. So...is it my responsibility as a customer to make sure that the 3 DAY BLIND salesperson serving me is up to date on the product he/she is selling.

In short, if you are going to deal with 3 Day Blinds you better do your homework and make sure your sales rep is well versed on the terminology of their product.

Enter at Your Own Risk

Blind Sided at 3 Day Blinds

Sheri
Mission Viejo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2004 11:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/3-Day-Blinds/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/3-Day-Blinds-Ripoff-Blind-sided-with-a-bait-and-switch-at-3-Day-Blinds-Laguna-Hills-Califo-93666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 3 Day Blinds

3 Day Blinds Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Customer Service - 3 Day Blinds - (United States of America)

3 Day Blinds sincerely apologizes for the inconvenience this may have caused. 3 Day Blinds offers a complete order overview at the time of purchase giving the consumer an invoiced itemized breakdown and proof of payment. 3 Day Blinds employees are not encouraged to avoid lower price point products. Employees are trained to find the appropriate product for every customer based on all needs, price point included. 3 Day Blinds does however pride themselves on quality. Higher quality materials are suggested within products that offer a good, better, and best option for optimal longevity.