• Report: #1171982

• Reported By: DeCarlo — Bronx New York
3040 Realty Corporation
3040 Hull Avenue Bronx, New York USA

3040 Realty Corporation SLUM LORDS Bronx New York

Beware of "3040 Realty Corporation!"

I rented a one bedroom apartment from this management company for approximately 2 1/2 month before I was released from my obligations legally by the Bronx Housing Court.

I had to take the management company to court to be released from my lease because the management company did not honor their word after I viewed the apartment and  explained that they would renovate the apartment which included completely renovating the bathroom, painting and taking care of the electrical wiring in the bedroom's closet which was exposed.

I was advised that this process would take two weeks and that I could take a look when all was completed, however, when all was supposed to be done, I kept getting the run arounds from the management owners as to why I couldn't view the apartment.  I took them by their word....and although frustrated, I had no idea what I was in for.

To my horror, the night that I moved in, the paint job was horrible. There was paint on the wood floors, nothing was doned to the bathroom in which the tile on the floor was missing, the toilet seat which was wooden was broken and had sharp edges exposed, the shower head needed to be replaced, the sink had to be replaced, new tiles on the wall....all of things that were promised by the management company, did not happen.  The electrical wires in the bedroom closet had not been fixed.  Nothing was done to the apartment.  I called the management the next day and was given several excuses.  I immediatedly placed a stop payment on the 2 months security payment but allowed the payment for rent to go through.  I received calls re: the payment and I insisted they would receive payment once they honored their commitment to me.

Instead of honoring their word, the management owner sent one of his son's to the apartment along with two other large men to collect rent/2 months security deposit from me. In other words, they were attempting to intimidate me however, I did not back down and explained that the money was in escrow and would be released when they honored their word.

In the meantime, I'd also reported the hazardous conditions in the bathroom and bedroom to the city, while I was awaiting my court appearance to be released from the rental agreement.  To my horror, she had found that the ceiling in the bathroom was in poor condition and could collapse at any time and the electrical wiring in the bedroom was a fire hazard.  I had all of this proof that I took with me to court.  To my satisfaction, I was released from the rental agreement.

To those who are interested in conducting business with 3040 Realty Corporation....Beware.  They are very shady people.  Do not trust their word as they have no concept of good business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2014 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/3040-Realty-Corporation/Bronx-New-York-10467/3040-Realty-Corporation-SLUM-LORDS-Bronx-New-York-1171982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 3040 Realty Corporation