Complaint Review: 333 W 46th Street Corp

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: JPB — Bronx New York United States of America
333 W 46th Street Corp
333 W 46th Street, New York, NY New York, New York United States of America

333 W 46th Street Corp Outdoor parking lot at 333 W 46th Street Hidden fees and deceptive rate advertising New York, New York

I pulled into this lot on Sat, Feb 9, at 1:30pm. The attendant told me I had to pay $38 up front, cash only. He asked me what time I would be returning to which I replied 8pm. He handed me a ticket and I left. He could not provide a receipt, just a ticket stub.

At 8pm I returned to retrieve my vehicle. A different attendant advised me that it would be an additional $43! When I asked for an explanation he referred me to the back of the ticket stub which states " After 7PM night rate additional". He claimed the attendant should have advised me of this when I checked in. The original attendant was of course not available.

When I protested on the grounds of being intentionally misleading he reduced the price to $35. When I pushed further he suggested I speak to his manager who, of course, had stepped away. I was with my family which included a 10 year old and a 90 year old and did not want to subject them to more bickering, the freezing cold and more wait time. [continued below]....
..... I paid the man. Of course he could provide a receipt but only if I gave him a few minutes...

$81 is a lot to pay for 6.5 hours of parking, even on restaurant row, but this wasn't so much about the money as it was the blatant dishonesty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/333-W-46th-Street-Corp/New-York-New-York-/333-W-46th-Street-Corp-Outdoor-parking-lot-at-333-W-46th-Street-Hidden-fees-and-deceptive-1012208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 333 W 46th Street Corp