Complaint Review: 4 Auto Parts LLC

• Updated: Sat, June 14, 2014

• Reported By: The Ike — Chestnut Hill Massachusetts
4 Auto Parts LLC
8026 S Benton Ave Kansas City,, Missouri USA

4 Auto Parts LLC www.4-autoparts.com Company uses abysmal terms of service, is unpleasant to deal with, has beatable prices Kansas City, Missouri

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We never sold anything to you.

*Author of original report: Negative Assessment Confirmed

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Upset & Disgruntled Customer

I tried to order a used fog light from this company previously identified by MAKE, YEAR, Front, Passenger Side. For confirmation I tried to give them the Audi manufacturer part number.  They didn't want to hear it.  So I asked them to tell me the part number on the part they were selling.  They said it was in the warehouse and they wouldn't do that.  To get the part, I had to sign and fax back their terms of service.  Get this:

__ 4-AUTO PARTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CUSTOMER'S ERROR IN ORDERING.  IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW WHAT HE OR SHE IS PURCHASING!

__ 4-AUTO PARTS HAVE A NO REFUND-EXCHANGE ONLY ONLY RETURN POLICY. IF A REPLACEMENT IS NOT AVAILABLE A REFUND WILL BE ISSUED. 4-AUTO PARTS HAVE A 30-DAY REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE ON OUR PARTS. 4-AUTO PARTS EXTEND NO WARRANTY TOWARDS THE APPEARANCE OF ANY PARTS. ALL PARTS ARE "USED" UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED!

__ NO REFUND ON SHIPINGCHARGES. THE CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT IF FOR ANY REASON HE OF SHE REFUSES THIS PURCHASE, THE FREIGHT CHARGES WILL BE CHARGED TO THEIR CREDIT CARD. THE BUYER ALSO UNDERSTANDS  THAT THEY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING  THE 25% RESTOCKING FEE CHARGE OF THE PRICE OF THE PURCHASE. 4-AUTO PARTS WILL NO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SHIPPING CHARGES.  ANY SHIPPING CHARGES INCURRED ARE THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY. 4-AUTO PARTS EXTENDS NO GUARANTEE ON ANY SHIPPING TIME OR "DELAYED DELIVERY" OF ANY PART ORDERED.

(SKIPPED TERM ON SPECIAL ORDERS)

__ THE BUYER UNDERSTAND THAT ANY CLAIM ON DEFECTIVE OR INCORRECT PART MUST BE MADE TO 4-AUTO PARTS WITHIN THE 3 DAYS OF RECEIVING THE PART AND THE PART HAS TO BE RETURNED WITHIN 10 DAYS OF RECEIVING IT. THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING IS REQUIRED FOR ALL RETURNS. THE WARRANTY WILL BE VOIDED IF NOT DONE SO. ALL RETURNS MUST HAVE A "RMA" RETURN MERCHANDISE AUTHORIZATION # ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BOX ARE [SIC] ELSE IT WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

...

BY ENTERING INTO THIS PURCHASE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS STATED ABOVE.

Please initial each paragraph above and sign & print your name below

So my question is how am I to be responsible for ordering the correct part if I cannot identify it by number and they will not identify by number what they are sending?  Why would anyone risk doig business with this company?

BTW - I shopped for my part using (((REDACTED))).com and found my part for approximately 30% less than the price at 4-AUTO PARTS.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2014 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4-Auto-Parts-LLC/Kansas-City-Missouri-64132/4-Auto-Parts-LLC-www4-autopartscom-Company-uses-abysmal-terms-of-service-is-unpleasant-1152132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4 Auto Parts LLC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We never sold anything to you.

AUTHOR: 4-Auto Parts LLC - (USA)

I'm not understanding how we ripped you off, because we never sold anything to you. We canceled and didn't want your business because you were a rude customer. You're mad at us because we don't want your business? If you didn't like the Terms & Conditions, then you didn't have to sign and agree to it, that's why we give you that option. You really need to get a life and stop wasting time trying to make up these false complaints because you obviously don't know what the word ripoff means! You are a rude person and need to learn how to talk to people!

Negative Assessment Confirmed

AUTHOR: The Ike - ()

I'd like to thank this owner for confirming with his rebuttal what a pain to deal with he and his company are.

For clarification, I annoyed him by asking (his associate) if the part they were selling had any broken tabs or cracked glass, the most usual problems with this used part.  When she refused to use the Audi part number supplied by other Audi new part suppliers as a confirming part number, she asked me to tell her the number on the part I was replacing.  I told her I did not want to take my car apart twice then later asked him to tell me the numbers on the part he was selling which he refused.  My 'laziness' was wishing to avoid an hour of work to find a number for them.  Their terms of service required me to agree that any mistake in part identification was mine even though they provided no basis other than assertion for me to confirm that what they were selling was correct.  Catch-22.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Upset & Disgruntled Customer

AUTHOR: 4-Auto Parts LLC - ()

Are you serious??? Did you really go on here to complain because we refused to sell to you? We didn't rip you off, because we didn't sell anything to you! You don't call someone's business with an attitude and barking orders! You were asked to give us your original part number (not the dealer part number) and you refused because you were too lazy to go get it and wanted us to do the work for you. You were a difficult person to deal with and we didn't want your business. Move on!!! If you found it some place cheaper, than good for you. We don't care. We don't need or want your business. Our Terms & Conditions must not have been too bad because you signed and agreed to it. I canceled your purchase, because I didn't care for you or your attitude and that's the only reason you're upset now. This is not a legitmate complaint, because you never purchased anything from us. Do something better with your time than wasting it with this nonsense!