Complaint Review: 4 Star Getaways

• Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: D — Garwin Iowa United States of America
4 Star Getaways
9438 Us Hwy 19N, #108, Port Richey,, Florida United States of America

4 Star Getaways Vacation Promotions They sold me a vacation package in March of 2010 that was good for 3 years then called in Aug. 2012 saying it was expired and to extend it for a year pay $150. It didn't even expire until 3/10/13 Port Richey, Florida

Vacation Promotions sold me a vacation package that was from 3/5/10 - 3/3/13 with 4 separate packages even though I only planned on going to 2. It included Orlando, FL 4d/3n, Daytona Beach, FL 3d/2n, Mexico 5d/4n, Mini Vacation 4d/3n of my choice.

I haven't used any of them then in August they called informing me that it had expired which had not (but I hadn't found my paper work) and that they would extend it first for 6 months and then Brook said she would make an exception and give me 12 months extension for $150.

They said all of them were transferable so I figured I could sell all but the Orlando one and basically get my vacation paid for.

After reading one of the reports it sounds like I would get ripped off more if I actually tried to take one of the vacations. I just about sent an email to see if anyone was interested in purchasing one of the packages. Wow they sure got me hook line and sinker.

I did do the extension but sent a dispute to my credit card company and once I make a copy of one of the reports I don't see them having trouble crediting my account.

I sent an email to Brook who previously was very sweet but would never answer the phone or return my calls once she knew I wasn't happy. I informed her that I was sending a dispute to my credit card company.

I sent that on 9/11/12 but they sent out an invoice that showed what I paid in 2010 and it only showed a 4day/ 3 night to the location of my choice and then a list of destinations. Which indicates to me they are only acknowledging that I have only that vacation package instead of the 4 I previously purchased.

What a joke. I'm so discusted and feel taken advantage of.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4-Star-Getaways/Port-Richey-Florida-34668/4-Star-Getaways-Vacation-Promotions-They-sold-me-a-vacation-package-in-March-of-2010-that-944415. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4 Star Getaways