As an EX-Employee of this company i wanted to make sure people know the truth behind the corporate doors of 4 Wheel Parts.
1. If you ever have to return anything to this company, good luck. They make it as difficult as possible to return items. Especially if they have been used.
2. On more occasions than i can shake a stick at, i've seen and overheard the description of tires they sell as being able to only last a few hundred miles. Known defects such as the tread simply falling off a specific tire, led to blow out deals instead of pulling the actual tire off the shelf or giving refunds for that matter.
3. The corporate body that is 4 Wheel Parts are is run by a bunch of short guys with big trucks. The company used to be run by a stand up person who worked hard to build a great company. He was a hard and stern man, but did people right. He passed the company onto his son who put his name to shame and is running the buiz into the ground with poor business tactics and a management team under him that mostly take advantage.
4. The company treats their employees like maggots. A company that treats their employees poorly will not treat there customers any better.
5. Read the fine print. 4 Wheel Parts comes up with so much fine print, that when you sign your receipt, your basically signing away any right to return an item.
6. READ THIS!!! As an employee of 4 wheel parts, i had access to good discounts on all the products we sold. When my F150 started to give me suspension problems I took it to the Redondo Beach 4 Wheel Parts where they "took care of me." To make a long story short, they HAD TO replace my entire suspension system. That cost some good money even with my discount. 6 weeks later my a-arms broke. I took the truck in again, only that day the person i had been dealing with was not their. The person i dealt with that day said all of my suspension was shot and need to be replaced. I said oh really. this was just all replaced. I paid cash, so their was no record. He got an earful from me when i said if you ever try to rip me off again, i will...xxxxx.
7. If you don't know anything about suspension, tires or wheels, 4 Wheel parts will make you bend over while the rape your wallet out of you. In fact, they are encouraged to do so. The sell people things they dont need all the time and I am proof of them charging me for product they NEVER REPLACED!
Finally. Do yourself a favor. Do not support this company or the future of it. The company is run by a bunch of soon to be prison inmates and overpaid guys with a short mans complex. Sure, their pricing seems great and often can't be beat. They have a strangle hold on this niche market. Almost all their product is chinese made and doesn't last. Especially if you get into the tires and wheels. Do not get your suspension work done at any of their shops. They will rip you off.
You have been warned. You will get Ripped Off. 4 wheel parts claims a love/passion for the community of racing and offroading. They do not! I am not some pissed off ex employee either. I just have a strong affiliation to people not getting ripped off or taken advantage of. This is all 1st hand experience people.