Complaint Review: 4 Seasons Nursery

• Submitted: Thu, October 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, April 12, 2009

• Reported By:Kanosh Utah
4 Seasons Nursery
1706 Morrissey Drive Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

4 Seasons Nursery Replacement of dead trees denied- complete request sent prior to expiration date. Bloomington Illinois

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Been there, told people that.

I ordered 10 trees from 4 Seasons Nursery. I was supposed to get a free tree with the order, but it did not come. Company was made aware of the deficit within the wee, no tree ever sent. 7 trees died over the winter, so I sent in the original shipping label prior to the expiration date printed on it in June 2008. I was told by the representative that was the expiration for date for returned or replaced items.

I sent my first email for assistance in June. Finally in October, I get a response after I nudged them. They could not find the order, then they said the order was
received in May 2007, not June. So, what is up with the return expiration of June printed on the shipping label? Sorry, but I think they still owe me some trees. I will not be ordering from them again, nor will my neighbors, family or co-workers.

Stephanie
Kanosh, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2008 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4-Seasons-Nursery/Bloomington-Illinois-61704/4-Seasons-Nursery-Replacement-of-dead-trees-denied-complete-request-sent-prior-to-expirat-379934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4 Seasons Nursery

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Been there, told people that.

AUTHOR: Kenna - (U.S.A.)

I used to work there. I was one of those people whom you called and was put off by. Yeah, sorry to those of you whom I spoke with. This was about 10 years ago though. The plants sent through the mail are always hit and miss. In any case, deplorable customer service is unacceptable for any company. Plantron Inc is a shady company at best. The hoops people have to jump though for credits, refunds or replacements are impossible.

I personally have sent back replacement/refund letters to people when I have NO IDEA why it was rejected. When that happened, I sent little notes along with the form info provided by the company telling people so. Other times, if I COULD see the mistake, I told them exactly what they needed and how. (No, the company didn't know this, if they did, I would have been fired.)

We were told a few phrases to tell people when taking complaints and under no circumstances were we allowed to let the calls be recorded.

Would I order from the company? Depends but probably not. Orders sent in the early spring are usually better looking and have a better chance of survival than those ordered/sent later.

Just to let people know, this company owns and sends the same plants from the following catalogs. If you've gotten great plants from one of these companies and horrible plants from another, its that hit and miss thing I was talking about.

They also own a mail order jewelry catalog, Crown Galleries

Interstate Nurseries
Kelly Nursery
Richard Owen Nursery
Royal Dutch

And those are just the ones I know about. Now, why would one mail order company need to operate under so many different names? I often wondered that while I was working there.

Good luck to all of you who ordered before you read this, you actually DO have a halfway decent chance of satisfying results.

I'm sure that it wont make you feel better to know this but if you go to the nursery, the plants are MUCH better. I still go to the nursery in person because the staff on location are wonderful, friendly and very knowledgeable and the plants are BEAUTIFUL! The mums and asters they sell late summer/early fall are the size of truck tires!