Complaint Review: 403 Auction

• Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: auction goer — Hanover Ontario Canada
403 Auction
3620 B Laird Rd Unit # 6 Mississauga, Ontario Canada

403 Auction Principal Liquidators, Jamie Jameson Auction Company owner FAKE BIDS against people in the crowd Mississauga, Ontario Canada

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: It is well known that a competitor filed this Report

I have been to this Auction several times and have seen or been a part of being bid against by the Auction company owner.  The owner "works" in the crowd and bids against the crowd to drive the price up.  About 2 months ago I confronted the owner about this and he immediately asked me to leave the building...obviously he didn't want anyone else to hear our conversation.

Regardless, I will no longer be attending this Auction, so I will attend other Auctions in the GTA...without any games.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2013 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/403-Auction/Mississauga-Ontario-L5L-6A9/403-Auction-Principal-Liquidators-Jamie-Jameson-Auction-Company-owner-FAKE-BIDS-against-p-1021528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 403 Auction

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

It is well known that a competitor filed this Report

AUTHOR: 403 Auction - ()

We don't have to hide under the guise of Anonymous like the user who posted this. It is clearly another auction company who has been very bitter since they lost one of their contracts to us. We have only banned oen person in the past year from our sale,  due to his malisous and childish behaviour over this matter. He never approached me, I approached him and told him he was not welcome at this sale due to his behaviour and constant lies.

He tried to make this false report anonymously because he can't back up his statement.  He obviously didn't relize that his location would be displayed with his post (big mistake) which clearly gives him away, not to mention he posted this a week after I told him he was not welcome here.

Any of the regulars who attended both their auctions and our auctions will tell you who the honest and ethical company is. We don't use computer bids and advance bids like some auctions to run up all of our items, we don't need to because we have a fantastic buyer base and crowd every week. Even if we didn't, we would not comprise our integrity to do it. Our items sell to the highest bidders. Come by to anyone of our sales and I will be glad to introduce you to any of the major buyers who attended both sales and they will tell you the honest truth. I would also be willing to show you dozens of emails from many major  buyers complaining about the previous vendors and praising us.

I challenge and welcome anyone  to attend our sales and hang around to the end, yes sometimes they go quite late (but thats often when the best deals are) . However, if you wait until the end of the sale you will see every item that was in the auction leave the building with all the various buyers that were in attendance throughout the night.  If what he claims were true we would have piles of stuff left after each sale..... if an auction is running bids, they get stuck with a lot of stuff (Check out one of the rolling furniture auctions that pop up at every little community center, see how full their trucks are when they leave).

The building is empty at the end of the sale and you don't have to take my word for it, come by to any sale and just hang out and you will see for yourself. You can even watch the security people at the door check every item and every invoice as it leaves. If someone doesnt have a paid invoice it doesn't go out the door!

Feel Free to come by anytime and Speak to myself or Patrick and we can give you the true story to this false report.

Regards,