Complaint Review: 42nd Street Camera

• Updated: Tue, April 09, 2013

• Reported By: JohnG — Springfield Oregon
42nd Street Camera
New York New York, New York United States of America

42nd Street Camera ARE THERE NO "HONEST" CAMERA DEALERS ON THE WWW? New York, New York

*Consumer Comment: Not completely true

Well, here we go again.
Last report was on an internet dealer....AjRichies.com Please see that report + the reports from other concerned "customers".
This time we address 42nd Street Camera, based in New York.
Let me first describe myself so you will not feel that I am a nut case. I am a 70 year old very sane retired solicitor. I know, we all hate lawyers! I have bought on the Internet since 1968 soon after Internet buying became a fad. Oh yes, there has been the odd problem but nothing to have to write home about. Things seem to have changed.
This time, I placed an order for a $449.99 new digital camera (on the Internet).
Shipment is stated on the site as 2-3 days. I buy that. Paid upon ordering with Visa as accepted by Dealer.
Well after 10 days without receiving ANYTHING form 42nd. I E=Mailed them asking when they shipped. Shipment had not occurred was their reply....nothing as to when they would ship !!

Gave another 2 days and was about to phone them when an E-Mail from them arrived, saying that they must talk to me before shipment would be effected. I checked my Visa account on the WWW and the charge had been processed by  42nd.
I called the telephone number thay supplied in their E-Mail only to find that the extension number given........no answer. (I took into consideration the time diff, between Pacific Time and their office hours). I left a message re who I was and the reason for my call. No return call in the next 2 days.

I again called them this morning (04/07) and this time got through to a human being (not a recording) Shipment was to be made but they could not get hold of me was their response to why shipment was not started. I asked what did the "Adam" what the 2 days shipment meant on their web site. His reply....I don't know. I do not do web sites !
Told him to cancel my order as I was concerned that I may be dealing with poor business people. He didn't even try to stop the cancellation. Merely said "OK" and hung up in my ear.

What ever happened to business ethics? I will buy locally even though it will cost more. I WILL make all efforts to tell others of my experience with this company. Isn't it wonderful these days to have so much business that you DO NOT CARE about the customer?

Good luck 42nd

John
Springfield, OR

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 05:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/42nd-Street-Camera/New-York-New-York-/42nd-Street-Camera-ARE-THERE-NO-HONEST-CAMERA-DEALERS-ON-THE-WWW-New-York-New-York-1041758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 42nd Street Camera

Not completely true

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

There are still plenty of good companies still around.  However, from what I read, the camera 'stores' in New York may not be among them.

Usually they want to get in contact with you before shipping so they can try to make some serious attempts to up sell you on all kinds of expensive items.

Be cautious.