Complaint Review: 42nd Street Photo

• Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: Elias — Portland Maine United States of America
42nd Street Photo
378 5th Avenue New York, NY 10018 New York, New York United States of America

42nd Street Photo www.42photo.com 42nd Street Photo Are Scammers (www.42photo.com) New York, New York

*Author of original report: Problem Resolved

Saw a fantastic price on the Canon T3i and it seemed too good to be true - turns out it was. I read a lot of reviews about how they try to upsell everything and the kitchen sink - the classic bait and switch. So I decided to call and look into the price and ask some questions.

The first question I asked: "Where was the camera manufactured - Japan or elsewhere?" he stuttered and said "of course it's made in Japan". I informed him that not all Canon's are made in Japan and any reputable dealer would know this immediately.

I asked if the item price of $529.99 was still available and he said "YES" without hesitation.

So that was a segway into my last question: I asked about was the upselling and how I read about the bullying sales reps forcing people to buy more accessories. I said I just want the camera and none of the BS.

Before I could finish the sentence he interrupted me and said the camera was suddenly "NOT" available as they "ran out this morning".

Funny thing how I mention the sketchy sales tactics and it's all of the sudden not available.

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE SCUMBAGS.

Just wanted to warn everyone who thinks about using these scammers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/42nd-Street-Photo/New-York-New-York-10018/42nd-Street-Photo-www42photocom-42nd-Street-Photo-Are-Scammers-www42photocom-New-Yor-965931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 42nd Street Photo

Problem Resolved

AUTHOR: ghastlyghost - (United States of America)

They are making this right after I had a little hick-up with them, its good to know that they handle their customer's concerns in a very professional matter. They are in the process of making everything right and I cant wait to get my new Canon camera.