Complaint Review: 42photo

• Updated: Mon, March 25, 2013

• Reported By: David — Benbrook Texas
42photo
378 5th Ave New York, New York United States of America

42photo 42 nd st photo, 42photo.com Tricks you into buying overpriced items you don't need New York, New York

*Author of original report: A misunderstanding

Company with the lowest price for a Cannon Powershot G15.  After placing an order online, they call and tell me I need a special SD card for it to work.  The sales pitch I remember was "double the memory of what you order" and "I'll discount the camera to help you out".

When I got the package, my credit card charge was $100 extra for a 4gb SD card that normally sells for $25 locally.  I call them and want to return the $100 SD card.   What they had done was made it a "package deal" and I would have to send everything back.  Shipping plus 20% restocking fee!   Around $115.  UNECONOMICAL  I then said I would dispute it with my credit card company.  Of course they had heard that before and said it wouldn't do any good.  Final Offer: they would give me a $20 credit.

I doubt anybody could come out ahead by buying from this company even if you did refuse any of their "add-ons" and "must haves".  I'm just surprised they didn't try to sell me the battery that comes with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2013 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/42photo/New-York-New-York-10018/42photo-42-nd-st-photo-42photocom-Tricks-you-into-buying-overpriced-items-you-dont-nee-1037864. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 42photo

A misunderstanding

AUTHOR: David - ()

Everything was "made right".  The confusion on whether or not I needed the special SD card was explained and it turned out to be a good price also.  The sales staff was very helpful when notified of my displeasure.