Complaint Review: 47th Exchange

• Reported By: KMG — Lancashire, UK Other
47th Exchange
570 5th Ave, New York, New York United States of America

47th Exchange Charged 5 times the norm for a Memory card! New York, New York

I was in Town last weekend and needed a 16GB CF Memory Card for my Camera.

I was advised by a helpful worker at the Rockefeller to go to "Best Buy" but on my way there I came across 47th Exchange and thought i'd give it a try.

I explained to the guy what I needed and he sold me a Memory card for $200 - $100 cash and the other $100 on credit card.

I remember at the time thinking that it seemed expensive (I haven't bought one for some time) but the fact that he had reduced the price from the $266 price tag that was on the item made me think it couldn't be such a bad deal.

When I got home the whole thing was nagging me so I googled the price only to discover that if i'd gone to Best Buy or any other reputable dealer then the price would have been more like $37.

I feel pretty sick (and stupid!) for getting ripped off by these idiots and it's a real shame that they continue to be allowed to get away with their rip off activities.

Thankfully everybody else I dealt with in NYC was really helpful; I just wish that crooks like this were put out of business because they give the City a bad name.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2013 12:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/47th-Exchange/New-York-New-York-10036/47th-Exchange-Charged-5-times-the-norm-for-a-Memory-card-New-York-New-York-1041814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 47th Exchange