Complaint Review: 49th St Auto Sales

• Updated: Thu, September 26, 2013

• Reported By: tbeer46 — Ferndale Michigan
49th St Auto Sales
12290 49th Street North St Petersburg, Florida USA

49th St Auto Sales Magic Auto Sales False Advertising/Emissions Tampering St Petersburg Florida

*Author of original report: Antonio Baldomero Dominguez at it AGAIN!

*Author of original report: Checking out Engine

*Consumer Comment: One Question...

I am 57 years old whom has recently been unemployed which forced me to voluntarily return my 2012 Chevy Sonic to the credit union. I purchased a home 1-1/2 years ago which used up most of my money in my 401K. I withdrew my last $4000 from my 401K to purchase a dependable vehicle until I could get back on my feet. My son lives in Florida and I thought Florida would be a perfect place to purchase a  vehicle. So, on 7/27/2013 I purchased a 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT from 49th St Auto Sales in Clearwater, FL. This vehicle was advertised to have 144606 miles and a replacement engine installed, which was advertised as a 4 cylinder Toyota Celica GT-S motor.

The engine installed is a 2007 Pontiac Vibe Base Wagon, 4 cylinder, automatic transmission engine. [continued below]....

..... This has been certified by 2 mechanics and my local GM dealership, whom said this should NOT HAVE been installed in this vehicle. The cost per GM  to install the correct engine would be approx $8000. As a result of the incorrect engine being installed  these are the following issues. Disabling of PCV valve which is not able to be connected to this engine.(emissions control disabling),  mechanic failed to attach the axle shaft to engine block nor braced in the center, causing it to pop out of transmission while traveling 70 mph on I-75, the check engine light was disabled plus many other issues as a result of the incorrect engine being installed.  I currently live in Michigan, the salesman Petr Klapka & mechanic Tony Baldomero offered to resolve this if I would bring it in (to Florida from Michigan) and we'll make it right. When I asked if they would put in writing what that meant by "make it right", they hang up. They say I bought it "AS IS". As is what? The way they advertised it? It is NOT!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 05:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/49th-St-Auto-Sales/St-Petersburg-Florida-33762/49th-St-Auto-Sales-Magic-Auto-Sales-False-AdvertisingEmissions-Tampering-St-Petersburg-F-1087441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 49th St Auto Sales

Antonio Baldomero Dominguez at it AGAIN!

AUTHOR: tbeer46 - ()

Scamming another Michigan resident!

Checking out Engine

AUTHOR: tbeer46 - ()

Jim or should I say Petre OR Tony!

IT WAS CHECKED OUT! I first verified the specs for a Toyota Celica GTS engine online to analyze they matched the Pontiac Vibe GT specs, which they do exactly!

Antonio Baldomero Dominguez, the mechanic who installed the engine, WAS an acquaintance of my son's. He steered my son away from the car I originally wanted which was at a lot across the street from 49th St Auto Sales. He said to my son, "My buddy across the street has this great car I just dropped an engine in", "the engine only has 900 miles on it". He assured my son barring normal maintanance this would be the car for me.

Wheather I  signed an as is or not is irrelevant as all State Depts. have assured me, because there was false advertising involve and misleading business practices involved which makes any such document signed or not null and void!

After the sale when confronted by my son, Antonio (Tony) said Petre Klapka, salesman has been embezelling money from the company! I guess that's why he wanted cash.

There's more to this story, I don't care to put on this type of forum.

I have heard from the Florida Attorney General's Office, they will be forwarding my information to all State Depts. which handle this type of Fraud. I've also heard from the Department of Justice & Consumer Services and just this morning an email from Bereau of Motorist Services Support, Florida Division of Motorist Services, which stated my complaint is being assigned to Investigator: LAMBORN! What was done to me is criminal!

When purchasing the vehicle, no disclosure was made to the matter of emissions tampering, which is required by the EPA when selling a used vehicle in which it's not operating ate their guidelines!

Interesting viewing:

This can be handled if 49th St Auto Sales simply refunds me back $5983.76. I don't want the vehicle, who knows what damage has been done to the transmission and other parts of this car as a result of the incorrect engine being installed. When putting this engine in bushings and fly wheel should have been modified. Who knows if that was even done!

One Question...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You said the car was advertised as having 144k miles with a Toyota engine installed, right?  So, BEFORE you bought it, you knew it was a Pontiac with a Toyota engine...you knew that.  Did you think maybe you should have checked that out BEFORE buying it?  You did all that checking AFTER purchase!  Then you go on to say it was an "AS IS" purchase.  "AS IS" means you bought it the way it is WITHOUT any warranty and with any problems.  Enjoy your car.  No, I don't work for them.