Complaint Review: 4Magicus-Leo Guillen, Micro Magic

• Submitted: Tue, October 03, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, May 31, 2013

• Reported By:Altus Oklahoma
4Magicus-Leo Guillen, Micro Magic
10501 Valley Blvd Ste#11001 El Monte, California U.S.A.

4Magicus-Leo Guillen, Micro Magic memory switch hidden by a cheap heat sink scam El Monte California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: 4Magicus-Leo Guillen, Micro Is an honest computer dealer in El Monte, CA

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: 4Magicus Leo Guillen I was very Gratefull with my order with Mr. LEO

I too found a deal too good to be true thru PriceWatch.com on memory. It was thru 4Magicus for 2GB of Samsung PC3200 for $150. What a deal, I thought...I was wrong.

I placed my order and it arrived very fast. After receiving my order so quickly, I thought this seemed like a great deal. It even came with free heatsinks.

I installed the 2GB of Samsung PC3200 into my computer along with one 512 stick of PC3200 I already had in my computer and fired it up. My computer was only regestering 1.5GB of memory.

I called 4Magicus and talked to Leo Guillen who preceeded to tell me that I needed to pay an extra $80 for Corsair "low density" memory. He told me that the Samsung memory would not work in a Gigabyte motherboard. I thought ok and told him I would be sending it back the next day.

My brain finally kicked in and I thought about removing my 512MB stick of PC3200 to see what would happen to my computer. WOW! My computer was running great and showing 2GB of memory.

I then shut down my computer and removed the memory I received from 4Magicus. I removed the FREE heatsinks and found out what I actually received....PC2700. No wonder it didn't work with PC3200. What a scam so the customer doesn't know.

I have been calling and e-mailing 4Magicus over the past few days with NO responce or reply back from Leo. I guess I'm lucky enough to have received memory that actually works. Please, do NOT buy from this company...you will loose out if you do!! Oh, they also have gone by Micro Magic.

David
Altus, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/03/2006 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4Magicus-Leo-Guillen-Micro-Magic/El-Monte-California-91731/4Magicus-Leo-Guillen-Micro-Magic-memory-switch-hidden-by-a-cheap-heat-sink-scam-El-Monte-214048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4Magicus-Leo Guillen, Micro Magic

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

4Magicus-Leo Guillen, Micro Is an honest computer dealer in El Monte, CA

AUTHOR: 4Magicus-Leo Guillen, Micro AN HONEST BUSINESS SALESMAN - ()

cc:

honest people, returned an item // DDR pc2077 2 rams and replaced with 2 new ones,

WOW thank you Leo Guillen.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

4Magicus Leo Guillen I was very Gratefull with my order with Mr. LEO

AUTHOR: HERMAN UNIPRIDE MARKETING - (United States of America)

"WOW" Awesome company, LEO Guillen was GREAT!!

Great job by this customer. I ordered memory via Pricewatch and they had
a great price, but I didn't notice that the type was incompatible with
my system. They caught the mistake and had me verify it before shipping
to me. It saved me alot of grief. I will be very happy to do business
with them again.Thank you Leo!!!!!!!!!!!