Complaint Review: 4checks.com

• Submitted: Fri, February 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, July 15, 2012

• Reported By: riverman63 — Riverside California United States of America
4checks.com

4checks.com I misspelled the word "Services" as Serrivces -- so they say Internet

*Consumer Comment: Comment

*UPDATE Employee: Mistakes

*Consumer Comment: Ripoff?

*Author of original report: OK -- ok

*Consumer Comment: When you change check printers...

I ordered checks from 4checks.com

I received the checks on February 1, 2012

I realized a spelling error.

I emailed 4checks.com on Feb 1, 2012

I received no reply.

I called them on Feb 3, 2012

They said I misspelled the word when I entered my order and I would have to pay for new checks.

The word I misspelled was Services -- I spelled it Serrvices - I feel this was an honest mistake and that 4checks should have worked with me -- maybe split the cost?  I feel they should have at least reviwed the spelling of this common word and questioned me to verify that I wanted a misspelled word on my checks.

I am now out the cost of the checks and the time I waited.  I'll not be using the checks or 4checks.com again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2012 10:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4checkscom/internet/4checkscom-I-misspelled-the-word-Services-as-Serrivces-so-they-say-Internet-833339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4checks.com

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

I actually work in a print shop(book bindery).  I have worked there for just over 4 years now, and I can tell you, with absolute certainty, that no one within the plant proof reads the checks before they are shipped out.  I have personally seen people get fired from my plant for reading the books.  In fact, one of the first things every new employee is told on their first day is "DO NOT READ THE BOOKS."  This is only an guess, but I would assume the check printing plant is the same way, given the sensitive and confidential nature of some of the information.  I hope this clears up the question of why they didn't bring it to your attention, nobody checked it.

Mistakes

AUTHOR: employee - (United States of America)

I am an employee of 4Checks. The call center which receives orders via telephone is now entirely in Colorado Springs. Believe me, the employees in Colorado Springs are having a hard time cleaning up the mistakes Maryland made. We are frustrated, too. If you now find a mistake on your check order, we will gladly remake the checks - at NO COST to you.

Ripoff?

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" The word I misspelled was Services -- I spelled it Serrvices - I feel this was an honest mistake and that 4checks should have worked with me -- maybe split the cost? "

No doubt, it was an honest mistake.   The question remains, why should they pay for your mistake?   How does that constitute a ripoff?

Your expectation that they should review your order for spelling errors is not reasonable.  Companies often use unconventional spelling to set themselves apart from the competion.

I doubt that any live person even looks at the order before it goes to print.   If you want that kind of personal service, I suggest you not use web based printing companies.

OK -- ok

AUTHOR: riverman63 - (United States of America)

Yes - I'll probably use the darn things -- just burned me up - their total "Tough ^&%*" attitude.

When you change check printers...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

be sure you use your current method of NOT checking your input before sending your order.

Sure, it would have been "nice" of them to split the cost of reprinting, but they were not obligated to do so.

Can't you use the checks an just write "oops" above the mis-spelled word?  With the current cost of checks, I believe I'd give it a go.  Good luck.