Complaint Review: 4myrebate

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: Jeff.in.DC — Washington Dist of Columbia
4myrebate
El Paso , Texas USA

4myrebate / TigerDirect Rebate Offer SCAM!!!! Rebate required original UPC barcode from box & copy of packing list, I submitted precisely via tracked mail, they misrepresented receipt date & now want original packing list El Paso Texas

I submitted my rebate documents exactly as described in the $20.00 rebate offer:

Signed Rebate Form - No confusion over this document, it is titled "Mail In Rebate Form”.  I completed the form in its entirety and included the document bearing my signature and the date of 04/12/2014 in my rebate submission.

Original UPC Barcode Label - Other than a damaged exterior shipping label (tattered & torn from harsh courier handling) with its illegible addressee areas smudged from being left out in the rain by the carrier (rather than shielded on my porch) a single label, emblazoned with the merchandise UPC barcode and full product description, was found affixed beside a UPC barcode graphic on the interior merchandise packaging.  No other labels or UPC barcodes were present in my merchandise shipment.  I removed both the UPC Barcode Label and its package-printed counterpart from the interior packaging, affixed them to a signed, personalized notecard and included the taped items in my rebate submission.

Copy of Receipt/Invoice or Packing List – I copied both my purchase Receipt and the thermal-printed “Packing Slip”, which was included with my merchandise shipment, inmy rebate submission.

All items were verified prior to mailing to ensure accuracy and the rebate submission was sent via USPS with tracking to the El Paso Texas Rebate Center for the TigerDirect/4myrebate Rebate Offer within the prescribed rebate submission eligibility window (having a postmark deadline of May 28, 2014).  I paid $5.05 to the U.S. Post Office for this tracked delivery article.

My submission was delivered to the El Paso TX "Rebate Center" for www.4myrebate.com on April 19, 2014.

I received notice of the denial of my rebate submission from “customerservice@help.4myrebate.com” on May 4, 2014 citing absence of the “Original UPC Barcode Label”.  I was invited, as a one-time offer, to resubmit my rebate claim within 30 days with a re-executed “Mail In Rebate FormAND the “Original UPC Barcode Label”.  I revisited my submission to verify no other label existed among my delivered merchandise (I retained ALL packaging) and telephoned 4myrebate Customer Service at 800-286-9146 to inquire as to this confusing denial notice.

When asked to identify the location or better describe the “Original UPC Barcode Label”, the Customer Service Agent simply responded:  “You must include the ‘Original UPC Barcode Label’ from your shipment.”.  I fully-detailed the contents of my merchandise shipment for the Agent to which she again replied: “You must include the ‘Original UPC Barcode Label’ from your shipment.”.

I was denied escalation to speak with a manager after finding no success in communicating with the Agent.  I strongly stated my displeasure with the Agent which resulted in her announcing:  “Your claim has been denied.” and she disconnected the call.

Nice!
Jeff.in.DC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2014 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4myrebate/El-Paso-Texas/4myrebate-TigerDirect-Rebate-Offer-SCAM-Rebate-required-original-UPC-barcode-from-b-1144150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4myrebate