Complaint Review: 4over Trade printing

4over Trade printing
5900 San Fernando Rd Glendale, California United States of America

4over Trade printing Rips off customers on freight Glendale, California

*Consumer Comment: Certainly have a bad customer attitude

*Consumer Suggestion: You need to check...

*Consumer Comment: Shocked about shipping

*Consumer Comment: Shipping Costs

This company does not care about their customers.  They have horrible customer service.  They try to make their printing cost appear low, then jack-up the freight cost.

We are a graphic design firm that utilizes commercial printers.  Recently we ordered 1,000 business cards, 2 different names for a total of 2,000 cards.  The cost to print the business cards was $19.50 per name.  Sounds good doesn't it?  The freight charge for ground freight was $9.56 per box.

I called customer service, as I believed this had to be a mistake.  The boxes only weighed 4-lbs. each and traveled 10 miles.  After explaining the situation to a customer service agent, who assured me that the amount charged for freight was correct, I asked to talk to a supervisor.  The supervisor told me that we were correctly charged.

We ship Federal Express Ground shipments all the time, so I created a shipment with the weight and box dimensions on line and the freight charges came in at $5.82 per box.  I told the supervisor at 4over this information.  He told me there was nothing he could do and that they charged the correct freight.

Being charged double the published freight rate is insulting, but what is even more insulting is that this company would not admit any wrong doing in their freight practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2011 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/4over-Trade-printing/Glendale-California-91202/4over-Trade-printing-Rips-off-customers-on-freight-Glendale-California-726563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 4over Trade printing

Certainly have a bad customer attitude

AUTHOR: P - ()

I have to agree that s&h charges are often used by many companies to make up their profit and whatever they are should be stated up front. I own a printing company but also sub out certain jobs to "trade" shops which have included 4 over. The last job I sent them was probably over 10 yrs ago and was a flyer with photos and text where the photos were common to both jobs, but one file was spanish text and the other english. Both print jobs were unsaleable because of the color which was way out on both jobs.

Not only that but both files with the exact same photos were totally different to each other. My complaints went nowhere other than tyo be told it was my fault as the files were bad. They never came up with an explanation as to how two identical picture files were printed differently despite the fact that both looked identical and printed out identical on our shop Canon  and Xerox color copiers. My other gripe is that 4 over claim to be a tradeshop and yest they allowed an account when I registered as Brian Epstein of Beatles Co with an Hotmail address.

I would have to agree that, based on my personal experience, that they are not an ethical company. However the fact that they are still in business all these years later would indiocate that either they either have been bought out or have new management. Maybe I might give them another try but with a simple non time sensitive type job.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

You need to check...

AUTHOR: Rafael.Reyes - (United States of America)

Hello I'm using 4over since they open, and everything looks fine. The price you paid for the cards all depends of the specs or the loyalty level you have on the site. I get the business cards on a lower price of the price you mention on here. And the shipping for 1000 cards to any address in the US is about $5.00

Now, I'm agree with you that they make some profit on the shipping, its fine, they have to pay for the boxes, labels, and etc. But they only make some profit on smaller jobs. When you order lets say a booklet 5000 8.5" x 11" the shipping price per 12x11x9 box is $7 bucks, you can't beat that. UPS will charge you at least $15.

I'm not affiliate, employe or related to 4over, I'm just a customer from them. I think you have a new account and the prices are higher for you than me.

Shocked about shipping

AUTHOR: Wecando Print - (United States of America)

Seriously?  While on a set of business cards 4 Over has charged you a $5 +/- handling charge they also offer free local delivery, free shipping on many of their products, great product, fast and most of the time on time if not early.

I am also a print broker that has used many print suppliers and 4 Over has been and will remain my first choice in printing.

As for the charges, 4 Over has an automated system so they have to round up to ensure they don't lose money.  I prefer to know what I am being charged immediately so I can invoice my client rather than having to wait for a person to weigh the box, figure out the dimensions and then manually entering my shipping.
If you ship a lot of product you will realize that shipping is not an exact science, but it takes time and that means money to calculate each shipment individually.

4 Over gets the job done and the shipping is always reasonable.  We greatly appreciate the free drop off service as well.

As far as customer service, 4 Over has reprinted every job we were unhappy with for free and without question.  Customer service responses quickly and professionally.

Tom Letourneau
Wecandoprint.com

Shipping Costs

AUTHOR: SRH Creative - (United States of America)

When I read the rip-off report asserting excessive/abusive shipping charges, I felt obligated to throw in my 2 cents. I have been using 4over for several years and while I don't particularly care to pay almost $10 for shipping a carton of business cards, I understand why the charge is what it is. The vast majority of the time, 4over has done good-very good work for me. Any order - even a very small job requires an amount of time and cost for production, packaging, the carton, labeling, processing and ship. The fact that UPS/FedEx rates may be 50% of what 4over charges, in this instance, I appreciate and understand why they set a base shipping cost where they do. It's a lot of work and materials for a $20 box of quality, 4C business cards. Their system, while sometimes inconvenient to us, is designed to insure that orders get out on time and accurately. And to that end, they have been very a reliable vendor for me.