Complaint Review: $5 Crunch

• Submitted: Thu, August 04, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, December 08, 2011

• Reported By: Unfortunate Customer — Madison Heights Michigan United States of America
$5 Crunch
29151 Dequindre Madison Heights, Michigan United States of America

$5 Crunch - 29151 Dequindre, Madison Heights, MI, 48071 Horrible food, horrible employees, terrible customer service, rotten meat, nasty hoagies Madison Heights, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Great food and service!

Don't bother wasting your time (and money, of course) with these adolescent-minded individuals.  They have most definitely failed "Business 101".  After ordering a "Foot long" hoagie, I was quite unhappy.   After the person (dressed in "urban wear") tried so desperately to hinder his Persian Gulf accent, he attempted to alter the total of my receipt.  I, unlike most people in economic hardships, believe in tipping for great service.   After seeing a hand-written adjustment to my receipt (in the amount of a $4 increase), I decided to ask him:  "Why was my total increased?".  "It's a gratuity increase" he exclaimed.

I, being a business owner myself, thought this was indeed fascinating.  I, like most others, tip quite well on prompt delivery.  My de facto standard for gratuity will always remain at 18.5% of the final purchase price; irregardless of promptness. [continued below]....
.....  It isn't rare that I generously increase this rate to 25% - based on promptness and courtesy.  I paid my final purchase price, in addition to my 15% standard for tip.  He was happy (as was I).

After unraveling this "foot-long hoagie", I couldn't help but wonder.  Did the "chef" deliberately smash the sandwich into a rolled pita?  Holy Jesus! --- Perhaps the Arabic-American (adorned in "urban" wear, nonetheless) sat on it?  This, my fellow consumers, defines the word "Perplexity".

Good luck in ordering from this "establishment".  They barely have a command on the English language, much less on the conduct of business and quality.  My best advice is - feed it to the squirrels!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2011 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/5-Crunch/Madison-Heights-Michigan-48071/5-Crunch-29151-Dequindre-Madison-Heights-MI-48071-Horrible-food-horrible-employees-761132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on $5 Crunch

Great food and service!

AUTHOR: Tim - (United States of America)

After reading the negative comment I had to reply. I've been going here with my family since this place opened and have never had a bad experience. The food has always been great and the service as well. I've never heard a negative remark like the one posted before. The place is always packed......sooooo they must be doing something right. The negative comment sounds like a older caucasian man, bigotry runs through his veins......for sure.

don't slam a successful buisness because of one time and then have the nerve to make racy comments as well....you are showing pure ignorance.....this kind of thinking is what keeps hate so , alive. I hope you only purchase things from your same race, would hate to hear you being disappointed again.

Fyi....I don't personally know this company/people, I'm a 31 y/o white guy married with kids. don't be so quick to judge. The food is good, especially for the price. Thx. :)