legend

• Reported By: Carol — Orlando Florida United States of America
5 Star Cellular
8910 Turkey Lake Road Orlando, Florida United States of America

5 Star Cellular Buyer Beware of 3rd Party Retailer for Sprint Orlando, Florida

Buyer Beware of 3rd Party Retailer for Sprint.  This retailer does not have to honor the same policies that Sprint Corporate provides for their customers.  However, the clerk did the same thing to me that happened to another of your reviewers at 5 Star Cellular Orlando.  She reviewed the Sprint Corporate Subscriber Agreement Form with me.   When completing the sale of the device, after reviewing the Sprint Form which told me that I had 14 days to return the device, I signed the small black signature box for the amount of the sale.  Clerk then reached under her desk, pulled out a 16" long receipt, folded it up, and immediately tucked it into a portfolio folder.  I purchased the phone at noon on Sat., and, attempted to return it the following Monday, at 10AM.  The clerk tersely told me that I could not return the phone.  I handed her the receipt from the pocket without even looking at it and had the device neatly packed in its original packaging to hand to her. [continued below]....
.....  She stood up and aggressively told me the receipt had a  Contract Details section at the bottom of the receipt which said I couldn't return the phone.  First, I thought I was in a Sprint Corporate Store because that is what the sign outside said, second, she reviewed a Sprint Corporate Form with me which said I could return the phone in 14 days.

thirdly, there was not a No Return Policy sign posted in store.  My service contract with Sprint for my husband and I would not be usable for a smartphone.  I found that out on Saturday and Sunday nights after trying hard to be able to have the phone put on my contract.  When I asked clerk if my only resort was legal, she said:  "my whole family are lawyers and it would cost you $300 to proceed with court action."  From what she did with the receipt by putting it promptly into an enclosed folder, I  couldn't even have returned it one minute after her printing it.  This is the same thing that happened to your other reviewer..hiding the receipt.   At no time did I understand that the clerk with her black shirt with Sprint Logo, Sprint Sign outside storefront, and the review with me and use of Sprint Corporate Agreement Form left me with a receipt that I never saw because machine did not have a screen for me to see what was happening and turned out that it was a 3rd party store.  My husband (83 years old) and myself (69 years old) and the clerk were the only 3 people in the store and never once did she tell us that there was an absolute no return policy and that the information on the Sprint Corporate Form did not apply to us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2011 01:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/5-Star-Cellular/Orlando-Florida-32819/5-Star-Cellular-Buyer-Beware-of-3rd-Party-Retailer-for-Sprint-Orlando-Florida-785594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 5 Star Cellular