Complaint Review: 50 State Movers

• Reported By: Florida to Oklahoma Mover — bethany Oklahoma
50 State Movers
Dania Beach, Florida USA

50 State Movers Company is a Scam! Please don't use! Dania Beach Florida

Company quoted me a price of $1400 for our move from Florida to Oklahoma. Once they picked up our items, and took it to their warehouse, they called and stated the price would be $4700 because we had more items than what we put on the list.

They never mentioned the price before they took our items. We tried to just pick up our merchandise and they wouldn’t give us a location unless we made a payment. We finally agreed upon an amount of $3300, just to get our items back.

They showed up 2 weeks later than we requested.

A lot of our items were water damaged, broken and scratched.

We had a lot of miscellaneous items that were missing. The main items I want back are our desktop computer and studio equipment, speakers, and microphone. I have called several times, just to get the run around.

This company is a scam. After doing research I have found that this company also goes by different names, all of which has a bad reputation.

I agree with the last report that the guy Scott was very nice, professional, and made you feel like this was a legit business.  This company should be shut down, and charges should be filed against the owner. What a scam!

Next time, I will just rent a uhaul!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/50-State-Movers/Dania-Beach-Florida/50-State-Movers-Company-is-a-Scam-Please-dont-use-Dania-Beach-Florida-1085576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 50 State Movers