Complaint Review: 50 States Moving

• Updated: Sat, July 06, 2013

• Reported By: Scammed in Virginia — Lynchburg Virginia
50 States Moving
Internet USA

50 States Moving Nationwide Moving Scammed, Duped, and Dismayed by 50 States Internet

If i could have given a NEGATIVE number…

If i could have given a NEGATIVE number of stars i would have!!!

I always try to think of something positive about every experience I have, but this time it's really difficult...the only positive I have to say is that, yes, my belongings did eventually end up in Virginia from Texas. but that's it....from the very beginning it was a nightmare!

I read some shady reviews about this company but their salesman, Scott seemed so sincere and promised such excellent service, that I was totally hoodwinked!! They did not show up when they said they would, their driver was not skilled enough to drive the truck into the storage unit, we had to use our own pick up to shuttle the boxes/furniture and it took five hours, with my husband helping (there was only half a storage unit full of things.)

After it was loaded, they decided that we had 400 cubic feet more than anticipated, so they doubled the amount that we were originally quoted. We ended up paying over $4,000 for a move that, had we done it ourselves, might have cost $1,200.

Then it took two weeks to get here. Along the way, I called the company repeatedly and left voice messages that were NEVER returned. I am still wondering if the company exists.

When the truck finally arrived (it had been towed for repairs twice along the way), five boxes of leather bound books, my children's baby clothes, and my shoes were soaking wet and were destroyed. The driver showed up by himself, and then was going to charge us an additional $500 to unload our things into a UHaul to shuttle them to our house. FORTUNATELY, we had three local men who answered a Craigslist ad and showed up to help. They charged us $12 an hour each, and were absolutely wonderful!!!!

This company needs to be closed down (if they aren't already!!!)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/06/2013 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/50-States-Moving/internet/50-States-Moving-Nationwide-Moving-Scammed-Duped-and-Dismayed-by-50-States-Internet-1064941. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 50 States Moving