Complaint Review: 50 States Moving

• Submitted: Thu, May 29, 2003
  • Updated: Thu, May 29, 2003

• Reported By:Great Neck New York
50 States Moving
2615 Stirling Road Dania Beach, Florida U.S.A.

50 States Moving in moving, destroyed valuable antiques, furniture, mirrors etc. ripoff business from hell Dania Beach Florida

Contract was signed to move my aunts furniture many valuable antiques included from Deerfield Beach Florida to my residence in Great Neck N.Y. A deposit of $1000 was given upon moving date. The movers, none who spoke English came on Aug. 28, 2002.

Items were wrapped and placed on truck. The movers assured me any unwrapped pieces and all furniture antiques bric a brac would be properly wrapped and padded in the warehouse. The delivery date was set for within 5 days. I knew I was in trouble when the truck pulled up a month late. My paintings, furniture, lamps, antiques, etc all came unwrapped, destroyed, broken antique glass , and some pieces totally destoryed, only a draw left, antique chairs totally in pieces, irrepairable.

Mr. Herbert Hoover the man who delivered the furniture assured me if I paid the balance, $767 (total paid $1767 ), I would be fully reimbursed for the damages. He even called his boss Mr. Meir Rofe to tell him how unprofessional my move was treated and informed him of all the damages and unwrapped items.

He signed my document to indicate what happened. He was paid. A complaint form was mailed to me. I mailed them pictures of the damaged items, cost of items and repair costs for whatever was repairable. I mailed everything return receipt. To date I have not heard from them. The Better Busoiness Bureau in West Palm Beach have also been unsuccessful.

I feel this movers license should be revoked. They were unprofessional, and probably the actual movers are illegal aliens. My mom and I were ripped off and probably many other unsuspecting senior citizens continue to be ripped of by 50 States Moving on a daily basis. They ignore and do not respond to my calls or registered mail letters. Many of my aunts antiques were very valuable and irreplaceable. They took the money, destroyed my furniture and ran.

Their license should be revoked, and the attorney general in florida should investigate them. They should be ordered to reimburse clients for the damages incurred due to their negligence. It's almost one year since this occured, and I have been very frustrated, as well as unsuccesful in obtaining restitution.

Renata
Great Neck, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2003 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/50-States-Moving/Dania-Beach-Florida-33312/50-States-Moving-in-moving-destroyed-valuable-antiques-furniture-mirrors-etc-ripoff-bu-58887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on 50 States Moving